Altair (Individual Altair-class spacecraft)
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
- This article is about the individual vessel. For other uses, see Altair (disambiguation).
Authorized by the Alliance Space Command (ASC), the AS Altair was launched by the Western Alliance to explore Mars. The AS Altair was the first of the Altair-class transports and used a conventional chemical propulsion system. Launched in July 2017, with a crew of six, the AS Altair was equipped with scientific instrumentation and supplies for the year-long round trip.
The AS Altair had at least three sister ships, including the AS Procyon, which launched a month after the AS Altair and performed the second manned mission to Mars and the AS Columbia, which launched in 2018, and which was refitted in 2026, to become the first fusion-powered interstellar transport.
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 6, "Rise of the Western Alliance"
- DropShips and JumpShips, p. 7, "Rise of the Western Alliance"