- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
Adler Malthus was commanding officer of the prestigious Falcon Guards Cluster. His assigned OmniMech was a Thor. Described as daring and courageous, he enjoyed considerable success although his critics in the Falcon Touman felt his tactics were needlessly reckless.
The Falcon Guards then moved on to conquer Twycross. Delays caused them to miss their JumpShip transportation, and so the Guards were still on Twycross when the Federated Commonwealth launched a counter-offensive in September 3050. It was Adler Malthus’ brash nature that contributed to his downfall. Intent on flanking the FedCom forces, he led the Falcon Guards along the Great Gash without dispatching scouts to check the route first. Unaware of the pentaglycerine explosives planted by FedCom sappers, he accepted a one-on-one BattleMech duel with Kai Allard-Liao. When Allard-Liao’s damaged Hatchetman exploded, it took Star Colonel Malthus’ OmniMech along with it, just moments before the detonation set off the demolition charges that collapsed the Great Gash on top of the Jade Falcon forces.
Death and Legacy
Most of the Falcon Guards perished in the Great Gash, and Adler Malthus was one of them. His humiliating defeat brought so much shame upon his Bloodname House that political rivals turned upon saKhan Timur Malthus in the Clan Council. Timur was forced to resign his post in disgrace – incidentally opening the way for the ambitious Vandervahn Chistu to replace him.
- The Battle for Twycross, p. 12
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 36
- The Battle for Twycross, p. 7
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 266-269, Kai Allard-Liao challenges and destroys the Falcon Guards
- Jade Falcon Sourcebook p. 28-29