Aerial Beast Infantry
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Branth Irregulars, Beta Regiment, Fifth Legion|
|Platoon Type (Specialty)||Beast-Mounted, Branth (None)|
|Platoon Size (Squad/Platoon)||7 (7/1)|
|Primary Weapon||7 Elephant Guns|
|Armor||Free Worlds League Standard Infantry Kit
|Tech Base/Rating||Inner Sphere (C/X-E-C)|
|Transport Weight||7 tons|
|To-Hit Modifier (Range in Hexes)||–1 (0 Hexes), 0 (1 Hex), +2 (2 Hexes), +4 (3 Hexes)|
Beast-Mounted Infantry ride into battle on alien beasts, utilizing the creature's natural talents in their native environment to surprising effect. Though rarely seen in modern mechanized combat, some Great Houses do maintain such formations, especially when fighting out on the Periphery. The FWLM maintains such units, like the Branth Irregulars of Beta Regiment, Fifth Legion. This Aerial Beast unit is able to cover large distances thanks to their Branth mounts, reaching speeds of 54 kph, and can easily induce terror into even the most hardened conventional infantry force.
The Branth Irregulars carry massive Elephant Guns, fearsome weapons more than capable of killing any man (or beast) in one shot. However, they are ill-suited for taking on hardened, mechanized targets.
This is a direct link to the MUL page for the Alpha Strike card:
- Tactical Operations, p. 295
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 200