AgroMech (Achernar IndustrialMechs)
(image shown is modified AgroMech MOD-B)
|Use||Harvesting crops, agriculture-related labor|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Engine||140 Internal Combustion Engine|
One of many AgroMechs on the market in the mid-thirty-first century, this machine was produced by Achernar IndustrialMechs (formerly Achernar BattleMechs).  The 'Mech is noted for having more armor than any other AgroMech in its class. It became popular on harvesting worlds in the years leading up to 3130.
Weapons and Equipment
The Achernar AgroMech is equipped with a Class III Heavy-Duty Claw, to allow it to move grain or other items it must handle. Its primary piece of equipment is a Rotary Saw. The machine is powered by a 140 rated Internal Combustion Engine which allows it to move around fields very quickly.
To protect the machine from being damaged by inexperienced operators or other hazards, its chassis is encased with HeavyDuty II Armor.
- AgroMech MOD
- This is a stripped down and armed variant of the AgroMech which began to appear in 3132. The variant suffers from a significant reduction of armor and speed. It is armed with Class 5 Armstrong Autocannon with twenty rounds ammunition which are both mounted in the 'Mech's right arm. In addition to its autocannon, the 'Mech has been fitted with a single Heat Sink found in its right leg which allows the 'Mech to enter water for cooling purposes. BV (1.0) = 339
- AgroMech MOD-B
- This the second military refit/variant of the AgroMech. This variant continues to use Starslab/3 Military Armor. Its right arm's lower actuator is replaced with a Rotary Autocannon/2. It still mounts its original DiNapoli “Groundhog” Reinforced Combine after closing for melee combat.
Record Sheet and Fluff Notes
The AgroMech was one of the early MechWarrior: Dark Age IndustrialMechs to be given stats. Since this design was published in 2002, the 'Mech's armor uses Standard BattleMech armor instead of Industrial Armor introduced in TechManual.
Naming conventions state that it is representative of all AgroMechs produced. Thus another generic design, the Harvester though similar to this 'Mech, is considered different.
- Ghost War (Original Printing) - TRO 3130 - equipment actual spelling
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 31
- Ghost War (Original Printing), Mini-TRO 3130 - AgroMech vehicle profile revealing Achernar name change.
- Ghost War (Original Printing), Mini-TRO 3130 - Fluff names the machine Company name type of machine it is, thus giving it a unique name.
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 32
- http://cf.sarna.net/docs/mwda_dossiers/fire_for_effect_29.pdf MWDA Bannson's Raider's dossier of Bill Maiglow