Ajax (Individual Fortress-class DropShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Ajax was a Fortress-class DropShip owned and operated until at least 3067 by the mercenary unit known as The Medusans. The Ajax was the flagship of Rear Admiral Henry H. Harwood, the commanding officer of the Hydra Assault Squadron, as well as the lead ship of the First Division within that squadron, with Commodore Patricia Woodhouse serving as commanding officer of the First Division and XO to Rear Admiral Harwood. The second ship within the First Division was the Cumberland, sister ship to the Ajax.
When the Medusans attempted to defend New Syrtis from a Capellan strike force in 3069, the Ajax was one of the ships involved in launching a deep space ambush against the Capellans. While the Medusans managed to destroy a Leopard and a Triumph and damaged a number of other Capellan DropShips, the mercenaries took damage in turn from the Capellan forces led by the Impavido class WarShip CCS Zhejiang, which was escorting the strike force. Ajax took damage during the combat, and while the damage was repairable, the damage inflicted on shipyards throughout the Inner Sphere by the Word of Blake as the Jihad escalated meant that the Ajax was still waiting for those repairs at the end of 3071.
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 50, "Hydra Assault Squadron: Many Heads Make Light Work"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 90, "Medusans"