Alarion Alarion Province Militia
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|Alarion Alarion Province Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Alarion Province Militia|
formerly Donegal March Militia
The Alarion APM was formed as part of the newly created Federated Commonwealth's Armed Forces. The unit created principally as garrison force for the province capital of Alarion. The unit was noted for being one of few militia units not heavy number of private owned BattleMechs in it.
The APM is created in 3041, as serving garrison force. The unit was seen action through much thirty years up to the FedCom Civil War.
It most noted action prior to the Civil War, was Operation Clean Sweep, where the unit was deployed with the 1st Alarion Jaegers deployed to put down a riot in capital city of Craiova in August of 3062. After Alarion Jaeger's commander had mass number of people arrested, the concern for the Jaegers departing the planet have left concern with Colonel Engle. He then attempted to build better ties with ruling duke of Alarion, Anatoly Serfass.
FedCom Civil War
During the early years of the FedCom Civil War, Alarion APM has remained on station on Alarion with the Jaegers. However, this changed in late October of 3063 when leading element of the 11th Arcturan Guards lead by Lieutenant General Maria Esteban. Esteban notifies them of the pro-Victor Steiner-Davion forces were on their way here. Feeling that the Jaegers and green Alarion APM were not up for task with her to fend them off. She then orders Militia and the Jaegers to abandon their garrison duties and come with her force. The militia begins what will become its first combat duty since it formation as what will later be referred to as the 11th Arcturan Battlegroup.
Battle for York
As part of the 11th Arcturan's growing Task Force of military units, General Esteban moved the unit to York to set her "Prince Trap". There with the recent acquired Carlisla APM, the two militia units became bait for Victor Steiner-Davion's task force whom arrived in early 3065. Taking the roll of garrison force stationed outside area known as the Salibury Plains, the unit drew attention of 6th Crucis Lancers. Short of 15 kilometers of the Alarion Militia and its sister unit, 11th Arcturan Guards landed in daring orbital drop behind the 6th Crucis Lancers.
Finding themselves in trap, the Crucis Lancers fled the APMs, moving west of York's capital city. The Alarion and Carlisle regiments being faster than the heavily laden 6th Crucis, allowed the unit damage unit as it withdrew to their Landing Zone and fled the planet.
1st Battle for Tikonov
The Arcturan Task Battlegroup took Alarion APM in its pursuit of Prince Victor. Their chase lead to Tikonov in January 8th, 3065. On Tikonov, the unit fought fierce battles against Victor's allied forces. However, by allies begun to lose due to their mental state of their commander, the Prince. By February, portion of the Allied task force, lead by Victor departed Tikonov, once again the Alarion APM and rest of the Task force was in hot pursuit.
By August 7th, 3065 the Battle Group reaches Thorin, to find two of Victor's "Buddy Guard" units, 244th Division and the Outland Legion. The allies had take refuge in Ecol City, planetary capital. For the six months, the Alarion APM and rest of the task force fought the allies' brilliant mobile defense of the planet. However, during this time the unit began to accumulate damage from the fighting. The goal of the force, to get Victor Steiner-Davion was not realized. They soon founded out that he had not been on the planet, only arriving in late January of 3066.
After Victor's forces quit the planet shortly after, the Alarion APM was found to be too weaken to contribute to ongoing pursuit. So it and Carlisle APM were left on Thorin to garrison the planet until end of the war. After war's end in mid-3067 the unit was finally sent home to Alarion.
As of 3062 the Commanding Officer was Colonel Brad Engle, was a former battalion commander from the 1st Crucis Lancers, but his loyalist views contributing to him resigning from the Victor Steiner-Davion pro-unit and was placed in command of the Alarion APM.
The unit is trained in small unit tactics, but it has problems in large scale battles.
Alarion Donegal March Militia (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Idi Clarke
Alarion APM (1 Regiment/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Brad Engle
- CO: Colonel David Hayward-Jones
Alarion APM Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Alexine Noble
- 18th Alarion MP Regiment
- 41st Light Infantry
When using the Alarion APM, to reflect the unit's mix of new and old equipment. The Controlling player must roll on random assignment, one out of four 'Mechs assigned to the force maybe roll from the "C" rated equipment. Once the weight classes are randomly established, the controlling player for the Alarion APM choose which of will be rolled from the "C" column. The controlling player now must choose a 'Mech to be rolled from the Random Rolling Table from the "F" rated equipment table.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 109 - Alarion APM regiment note.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 49 - 1st Alarion Jaegers - Actions with Alarion Jaegers during civil riots in capital city.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 109 - History formation to pre-FedCom Civil War era events of the Alarion APM.
- FedCom Civil War, p. 88, "Wave 2, Virtue" - Lt. General Maria Esteban's 11th Arcturan arrives at Alarion after loosing the battle for Virtue, she orders Militia unit joined her as part of her method of gathering strength to create large battlegroup of loyalist forces.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), pp. 102-103 Wave 3 - York - Alarion APM with Carlisle APM lure and give chance to the 6th Crucis Lancers until they flee the plant.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 126 - 4th Wave - Tikonov - Alarion APM lands on Tikonov, but shortly after month half of fighting, is again chasing Prince Victor.
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 149 - Wave 5 - Thorin - Alarion APM with rest of the 11th Arcturan's forces fight six month battle against allied troops.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 175 - Regional Militias/Alarion Province Militia - Alarion APM status near end of the campaign and disposition of the unit after the war.
- Objective Raids, p. 21, "Lyran Commonwealth State Command"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 109, "Alarion APM" - Officers - Brief history of Brad Engle.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 109, "Tactics" - Unit adept in small unit tactics, but not large scale.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 109 - Alarion APM Infantry Brigade - 18th Alarion MP and the 41st Light Infantry are recognized as regular ranked infantry unlike rest of the Green Skill unit.
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 135, "Rules annex" - Force Specific abilities for the Alarion APM.