Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Alfirk neighbouring systems
The Alfirk system is home to at least one inhabited world and is located in the Deep Periphery. An isolated colony known only to ComStar, it is effectively a hidden world that has no contact with the rest of the Inner Sphere except through ComStar.
The Alfirk system was discovered by accident when a group led by retired Terran Alliance Colonel William Alfirk III led an expedition to found a new colony world, only for the expedition to be flung into the Deep Periphery by a misjump. The only Inner Sphere faction known to have visited the Alfirk system since the founding of the colony was ComStar.
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2764 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 3025 - Independent world 
- 3030 - Independent world 
- 3040 - Independent world 
- 3052 - Independent world 
- 3057 - Independent world 
- 3062 - Independent world 
- 3075 - Independent world 
- 3081 - Independent world 
- 3085 - Independent world 
- 3130 - Independent world 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Independent world 
When it was colonized, the planet Alfirk was the furthest known planet from Terra. Established in the twenty-second century by Colonel (Retd) William Alfirk III, a tank commander of the Terran Alliance. After making five jumps from Terra, the expedition's sixth jump suffered a misjump and severe damage to the K-F drive's sensors. The system the expedition arrived in happened to have a habitable world, and a successful colony was established.
The colony prospered, its location unknown to anyone until a plague killed nearly half the population in 2963. The inhabitants repaired the JumpShip's drive and prepared to go back to Terra for help. At this time the scientists discovered they were hundreds of light years from Terra. Nonetheless, while journeying to Terra, the JumpShip found the Explorer Corps. Much help was given, but not hyperpulse generators or BattleMechs. The people of Alfirk were warned by ComStar about pirates and the greed of the Successor States. The people of Alfirk learned of the Clans through later visits. The native people of Alfirk stand ready to fight should hostilities develop.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook), p. 93, "Alfirk"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "