|Also known as||Alister Marsden II|
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth|
|Parents||Alistair Marsden (father), Katherine Steiner (mother)|
|Siblings||Michael Reynolds (half-brother)|
|Children||Michael Steiner, Steven Steiner, Tatyana Steiner|
Alistair never met his father, just after his birth his father was killed in combat on Menkent in January, 2408. In his father's stead, his mother assumed the throne. She then legally changed her last name and his to Steiner. His mother then officially also named him as the Archon-Designate to the throne.
In April, his mother had him dressed him in a tiny officer's uniform at a special session of the Estates-General. Using him part of expressing her wishes that he would not grow up to be a soldier, but to just play as one.
In Military Service of the Commonwealth
By 2439 Alistair joined Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces, he aide rank of commander of Elite Commando team. Intelligence had gain information that the Terran Hegemony had developed a new walking war machine named the Mackie. One secret manufacturing sites in they leaned who was developing it was on world of Hesperus II. Alistair devised a plan to conduct a raid to obtain the secret plans after hearing of the Lyran Intelligence Corps failure to net them. However, for some reason, he was called else where when his plan became known.
Archon of Lyran Commonwealth
Katherine Steiner stepped down from office in 2445, handing over her chain and rank pin of Archon on Alistair. After coming into office, student protesters on Fatima rioted and attacked Commonwealth's embassy and civil service offices. Rumors were spread that Archon's younger half-brother, Duke Michael Reynolds was responsible. However, Alistair's relationship was very strong with him, and he did not believe Michael had anything to do with it.
At the time ascending to the throne, senior Steiner officers had lead to number worlds being taken by Free Worlds League and Draconis Combine. Alistair revived and revised his plan conduct raid to snatch information from Hesperus II for BattleMech technology. He assembled a 25 man special commando team led by a Colonel Simon Kelswa.
The Colonel following the Archon plan, conducted their operation on February 7th, 2455. They used a DropShip accident near the factory facility to net the plans for Terran Hegemony's BattleMech project. Kelswa and his men were rewarded for their daring raid against the factory by Alstair. Alstair quickly and secretly moved to have the Mackie put into production by many of Commonwealth's factories.
During this time, the Free Worlds League's Captain-General Geralk Marik conducted bloody campaign into the Commonwealth, capturing worlds of Alula Australis and Bella I. He then moved to expand his campaign on Loric. On Loric, its tough defenses kept Marik campaign bogged down for three years.
In 2459, Alistair sent in his secret weapons, Lyran copies of the Mackie. League forces were taken back in shock and surprised. Their artillery and other weaponry proved to be useless against the giant war machines. In dawn hours of the Battle of Loric, Marik forces were destroyed less than hour and he was dead by the heel mark of a BattleMech.
However, time grew short for the Commonwealth's advantages. Alistair was advised that through Combine raid on Coventry's 'Mech factory and defection factory works to the League. The time to take advantage of the their new technology needed to be done soon. The enemies of the Commonwealth would within half decade be fielding 'Mechs. Alistair organized and mustered regiments of BattleMechs, planning a two-front campaign into both the Combine and the League called later as the Long March Offensive in 2463.
The after the campaign's rough start, Offensive gone well. However, year before it concluded, Alistair was assassinated in his own bedchambers by five youths in 2467.
Assassination and Aftermath
It is revealed months after being accused, that minor noble, Graf Alfonse DeSimon. He had setup Alistair's brother for murder take revenge on Duke of Fatima for stripping of him of his lands. This event left the Commonwealth in turmoil and depression for years to come.
Family and Legacy
|Archon of the Lyran Commonwealth
| Succeeded by|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "The First Steiner" - Katherine Steiner Marsden gives birth to her son Alistair in 2407.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "Long March, Hard March & The Dark Years, Trial of Duke Reynolds" - Alistair Steiner is assassinated by minor noble.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "Birth of a Dynasty article" - Infant Alistair appears before General Estate for creation of the Commonwealth Council.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? -" THE BATTLEMECH ERA article" - Alistair comes up with daring plan to raid Hesperus in 2439, but his plans are stopped somehow.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "The Bloodthirsty General article" - Captain-General Geralk Marik gets bogged by Loric's tough defenses.
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 20 - "Geralk named as Captain-General, not simply a general as found in original House Steiner source book".
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 20 - "Geralk Marik killed by Lyran BattleMechs".
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "The Bloodthirsty General article" - Gerwalk attempt to attack southern continent held by lyran forces prove to be his last act, as Lyran Mech stomped into history.
- ''House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. ?? - "JUMP article" - Michael Steiner witness JumpShips and WarShips head off to the Long March campaign.
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 20 - "The Dark Years" - Minor noble arranges the murder of Alistair as revenge against his brother stripping him of his lands.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth) - Steiner Family Tree in published sourcebook - wife & children named and their birth dates. Both sons were born in same year.