Alpha Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)
|Unit Profile (as of 3085)|
|Parent Formation||Clan Blood Spirit Touman|
The Galaxy attacked Albion during the Burrock Absorption, facing the Star Adder's Alpha Galaxy and the Burrocks' Kappa Galaxy. Initially they met with success, but were eventually forced off-world with heavy losses. They rebuilt quickly and also expanded by taking in the remnants of other Blood Spirit Clusters, including those from the destroyed Delta and Kappa Galaxies.
Alpha Galaxy remained on the defensive on York, counter attacking where possible, at the cost of a Cluster. Between 3059 and 3066 Alpha Galaxy saw almost constant fighting fending off raids by Clan Star Adder. It appears that these raids reduced the strength of the Galaxy to a point where two Clusters were disbanded, although officially the Spirits stated one  two were omitted from the Clan roster of 3067. 
In late 3069 Khan Schmitt led Alpha and Iota Galaxies against the adders on Albion quickly capturing a Chrysaor ProtoMech factory and by the end of the year had secured 40% of the planet. The Khan then led Alpha against Clan Steel Viper holdings on Arcadia and captured their Roc ProtoMech complex. 
The Galaxy was involved in near constant fighting on York but by 3070 had reduced the Adder holdings to a single enclave.  In early January 3072 Khan Karianna Schmitt led Alpha Galaxy, the Rocinante and the Stooping Kite to Arcadia, hoping to negotiate with Clan Ghost Bear for the remaining Ghost Bear enclaves on the world. To Schmitt's intense frustration saKhan Kabrinski was completely unwilling to negotiate; unknown to the Blood Spirits, the Ghost Bears were in the final stages of evacuating the small enclave in preparation for moving it to the Ghost Bear Dominion in the Inner Sphere. Attempting to force the issue, Schmitt brought the Rocinante into a close orbit above Arcadia and shelled one of the Snow Peak Mountains. Rather than forcing Kabrinski to negotiate, this instead caused the Ghost Bear saKhan to shut off all communication with Schmitt, although not without insulting Schmitt first. Enraged, Schmitt ordered the Stooping Kite to the nearby jump point with orders to prevent the nearest Ghost Bear vessel from departing. That vessel was the Star Lord-class JumpShip CGB Alshain Sunset, however the JumpShip refused and the Stooping Kite destroyed it. The reaction from the Ghost Bears was to send every spaceworthy ship against the Rocinante, and within seconds the Blood Spirit flagship had been torn apart, Khan Schmitt barely survived. 
In 3073 the Galaxy arrived on Niles here they engaged forces of Clan Coyote gaining a good deal of supplies, but also absorbed a Trinary of Clan Hell's Horses warriors and the last remnent of Kindraa Mattila-Carrol the 202nd Firebrand Cluster in to the Clan.
In 3075 the Galaxy dropped on to Circe as part of the multi-Clan force of the Clan Steel Viper Annihilation. They had taken heavy casualties in the approach by hidden gun batteries but manage to drop straight on top of one battery silencing it, before linking up with Delta Galaxy of Clan Cloud Cobra and pressing the attack.
By 3083 the Galaxy had moved to the Colleen system. Here it was one of three Galaxy bid in defence against multiple attacks by Clan Stone Lion and Clan Coyote. The fighting was disastrous for the Spirits and after a few months only two holdings on the planet of Haven remained in their control. By 3084 the Galaxy could muster less than half of their warriors, and by the end of the years were wiped out. 
Use hit and fade attacks initially, until the enemy force expects it, then launch full frontal assault.
- Red Guards
- 7th Blood Drinkers
- 37th Red Assault
- 55th Red Vanguard (transferred from Kappa Galaxy)
- 72nd Crimson Cuirassiers (transferred from Delta Galaxy)
- 112th Scarlet Battle (transferred from Delta Galaxy)
- Red Guards - CO/Star Colonel Jessie Keller)
- 7th Blood Drinkers (Cluster) - CO/Star Colonel Colin Lewis)
- 55th Red Vanguard (Cluster) - CO/Star Colonel Seff Johns)
- 72nd Crimson Cuirassiers (Cluster) - CO/Star Colonel Carmen DeLuca)
- Red Guards - CO/Star Colonel Katja Keller
- 7th Blood Drinkers Cluster - CO/Star Colonel Rudolph DeLuca
- 66th Blood Hussars - CO/Star Colonel Nancy Cluff
If Alpha Galaxy wins initiative four rounds in a row on the fifth and later rounds they may half their forces (rounded down) after all other units have moved.
- Alpha Galaxy employs a utilitarian scheme of desert tans with blood red highlights.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 31, "Alpha Galaxy Profile"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 41, "Blood Spirit Touman"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 36-41
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 70
- The Wars of Reaving, p.45
- The Wars of Reaving, p.42
- Wars of Reaving, p. 83
- The Wars of Reaving, p.133
- The Wars of Reaving, p.150
- The Wars of Reaving, p.155
- The Wars of Reaving, p.157
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 157, "Clan Blood Spirit Touman "
- Field Manul: Update, p. 70, "Clan Blood Spirit Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 174