- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
The Tigerfalcon or Alrakis Tigerfalcon is a man-sized and ferocious avian predator. The tigerfalcon has four clawed feet, a serrated beak and feathers that are black-striped and resemble fur. Native to Alrakis II, the tigerfalcon evolved in an environment where the gravity was twenty-four percent greater at sea level than that of Terra, and the tigerfalcon was far stronger than any Terran bird of prey.
Tigerfalcons were a substantial threat to early colonists on Alrakis, and the species had to be extensively hunted to allow human expansion on the planet; during the era of the first Star League hunting the tigerfalcon was both a necessity and a tourist attraction, but it took centuries for enough of the predators to be dispersed from the Skopje continent to allow human colonization to advance substantially. As late as the Dark Age two equatorial continents on Alrakis were still almost empty of human life thanks to the heavy jungle found on each and the substantial tigerfalcon population on both.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 2, "Alrakis World Profile"