- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Protector of the Taurian Concordat|
|Children|| Caterina Calderon|
Amalthia Calderon (born 2??? - died 2557) was Protector after Amanda Calderon, relationship unknown. She had at least two daughters: Caterina Calderon, firstborn and Ariana Calderon. Amalthia has the singular distinction of being the first Periphery leader to initiate military action against an Inner Sphere nation. Ariana's War began after Almathia's daughter Lady Ariana Calderon was murdered by her husband Chancellor Kalvin Liao in 2527. Amalthia ordered the Taurain Navy to conduct punitive raids against the Capellan border worlds lasting until 2528. 
She died in 2557 and was succeeded by her daughter Caterina.
While no birth date for Amalthia are given, some inferences can be made. Amanda Calderon was the only Calderon left after her father's death, so Amalthia was most likely a daughter or granddaughter, rather than a cousin. Furthermore it is doubtful that a nation who hated the Inner Sphere as much as the Taurians did would allow their future rulers to be born of one!
Title and Possition
|Protector of the Realm
| Succeeded by|
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 62, "Mitchell Calderon"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 20, "A Dose Of Revenge"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), pp. 37-38, "The Fair Mesilla"