Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||253.74 : -88.60[e]|
- Pre-2240 - Terran Alliance 
- 2240 - Independent world 
- 2317 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Federated Suns 
- 2596 - Federated Suns 
- 2750 - Federated Suns 
- 2764 - Federated Suns 
- 2765 - Federated Suns 
- 2796 - Draconis Combine 
- 2798 - Federated Suns 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2864 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3030 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3058 - No record 
- 3063 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3075 - No record 
- 3079 - No record 
- 3081 - No record 
- 3085 - No record 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
Arcadia was once one of the "garden worlds" of the Crucis March region of the Federated Suns, settled during the early exodus from Earth; even after the Demarcation Declaration of 2243, Arcadia remained a prosperous, peaceful world. While nearby New Avalon was a struggling, strife-ridden world during the birth of the Federated Suns, Arcadia was a world blessed with abundent raw materials, extensive agriculture - fed by the plentiful water available - and a booming industrial economy.
Seventy years after the birth of the Federated Suns, the ruling line of the realm, the Davions, united their world with Arcadia when President Paul Davion of New Avalon married Marge Svensdottar of Arcadia in 2378. It wasn't the last time scions of the Davion family would marry into the Arcadian nobility; Edward Davion married an Arcadian socialite in the early twenty-fifth century - although that wouldn't stop the leader of Arcadia joining the November Conspiracy in 2417 in an attempt to replace Edward with another, more stable ruler.
First Succession War
In 2789 First Prince John Davion ordered a mass mustering of as large a black water fleet as could be assembled in the Arcadia system. Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery forces had been pouring across the border since the Draconis Combine invasion began in 2787, and were swiftly conquering Federated Suns systems, destroying communications systems, JumpShips and WarShips and Armed Forces of the Federated Suns units as they went. Prince John's first attempt to slow or stop the invasion, Operation SOLAR SHIELD, had been an abject failure, but he was undeterred and began preparing a second attempt immediately while the Dragon continued to advance. Pulling together every WarShip he could find, including every ship that could be spared from the Federated Suns borders with both the Capellan Confederation and the Periphery, as well as many WarShips assigned to defend systems near New Avalon, Prince John managed to assemble a fleet of more than a hundred WarShips and assault DropShips, along with a similar number of aerospace fighter wings. The largest black water naval fleet to be gathered together since the Age of War, the task force was to be commanded by Admiral Kenneth Jones, the best of Prince John's available fleet commanders, and its mission was to blunt the Combine advance by moving from system to system and destroying as many Combine ships as possible, with tasks such as assisting active resistance groups and providing evacuations to be secondary to destroying the Combine naval advantage. Jones' task force set off on its mission at the end of 2789.
Arcadia was invaded during the second half of the major invasion into the Federated Suns launched by the Draconis Combine in May 2791. In December 2797, First Prince John Davion and his son Joshua Davion were assassinated on Ipava while planning a counter-offensive against the Draconis Combine, even as renegade AFFS forces had begun launching vengeful raids and assaults across the border in retaliation for the genocide being waged against the civilian population of Kentares IV at the direction of Coordinator Jinjiro Kurita. The title of First Prince fell to Paul Davion, who was only nineteen years old and untested, but one of his first acts was to give official approval retrospectively to those spontaneous and uncoordinated attacks that had been launched and proven successful. He not only took some measure of credit for those victories, but he also turned the perception of them away from being instances of poor discipline and instead made them victories for all of the men and women of the Federated Suns. Faced with over-extended supply lines, the eruption of spontaneous rebellions across many worlds and failing morale, the DCMS found itself the target of frenzied, vengeful assaults at the hands of AFFS units whose tactics often verged on recklessness. Many of these uncoordinated actions were unsuccessful, but some were notable successes - and during 2798 these spontaneous actions saw Arcadia, Coloma, Saginaw and Strawn all returned to Federated Suns control as the people of the Federated Suns raged against their supposed conquerors.
Arcadia is no longer a bustling pillar of strength within the Federated Suns; the First Succession War saw the Draconis Combine ravage the Federated Suns, their offensive coming within a single jump of New Avalon... that single jump being measured from Arcadia. The Combine forces never made it any further than Arcadia, as the beleaguered Armed Forces of the Federated Suns rallied to drive the invaders back in a long, slow and brutal campaign... and the fighting on Arcadia was as brutal as any. By the end of the 1st Succession War, Arcadia was a dead world.
Interstellar Expeditions sent an expedition to Arcadia in 3088 to test their theory that Arcadia was Taussen, one of the Hidden Five worlds held by the Word of Blake. The expedition found nothing to indicate that this was the case. All they found were ruins and large zones of radiation.
It was confirmed by Øystein Tvedten, one of the Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Developers, that Arcadia died in the First Succession War and was the closest world to New Avalon the DCMS attacked:
|“||Arcadia die due to heavy fighting there during the 1st Succession War. It was as far as the DCMS came in their drive to New Avalon (one jump away). The fighting there wasn't pretty.||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Developer, 15 Jul 2011|
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Davion: The Federated Suns, p. 22, "The Prime Ministers"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 18, "Federated Suns at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns, p. 29, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- First Succession War, p. 44, "Draconis Combine-Federated Suns Front 2786-2796"
- First Succession War, p. 89, "The Rise Of Prince Paul"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), "Federated Suns Map - "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 21, "Federated Suns Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. Vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Davion: The Federated Suns, p. 30, "A Noble Effort"
- House Davion: The Federated Suns, p. 31, "Twin Tyrants"
- House Davion: The Federated Suns, p. 32, "Death Of A Tyrant"
- First Succession War, p. 41-42, "Cholame"
- , Øystein Tvedten, Catalyst Game Labs BattleTech Developer, 15 Jul 2011
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 22, "Obeedah"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Field Report: AFFS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Davion
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130