- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
- This article is about MekTek 'Mech. For 3-legged Superheavy BattleMech, see Ares (BattleMech).
|Manufacturer||Clan Jade Falcon / Clan Nova Cat|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Armor||Ferro-Fibrous, 11 Tons|
|Jump Jets||Unknown type|
The Ares was a deadly OmniMech being fielded by Clan Jade Falcon. The Ares was designed to win Trials as well as battles, and so it excels at duels. Strangely enough, the prototype was captured by Clan Nova Cat during a Trial of Possession, they are currently manufacturing the Ares at their main factory on Irece. In Nova Cat service, the 'Mech is known as the Lion.
Boasting a brace of lasers as its main armament, including a Heavy Large Laser, Heavy Medium Laser, and Medium Pulse Laser, the Ares packs a powerful punch up close. For additional damage, an ATM 12 launcher has been installed. Typically, standard missiles are used. Finally, for dealing with infantry and for additional firepower at point blank, a pair of Small Pulse Lasers and four Light Machine Guns are installed.
No variants of the Ares are known to have been made.
This BattleMech was published in an official BattleTech product, namely the MekPak 1 expansion for the MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries video game. However, although official, computer games are not considered among the sources for Canon unless the information is expressly confirmed as canonical elsewhere. By virtue of being an official albeit not positively canonical product, the game expansion and the 'Mechs presented therein including this one must be considered apocryphal.
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries MekPak 1 Expansion