Artemis V FCS
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
Developed by Clan Goliath Scorpion scientists in 3061, the Artemis V Fire Control System is an improved, next generation version of the ubiquitous Artemis IV FCS. Much like the Artemis IV, the Artemis V is attached to each standard LRM and SRM on the equipped 'Mech to improve the accuracy of their fired missiles.
The Artemis V differs in that it weighs 50% more and is twice as bulky (two critical slots per launcher), but improves both the likelihood of a successful hit as well as the number of missiles that strike. (-1 To-Hit; +3 on the Cluster Hits table)
The Artemis V FCS is classified as experimental technology.
- Tactical Operations, p. 283, "Artemis V Fire-Control System"
- Maximum Tech, p. 72