Assassin II (MekTek)
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
The Assassin II is the result of a Federated Suns specification calling for a "quick strike harasser unit". The Maltex Corporation proposed a major redesign of their older Assassin chassis, the resulting BattleMech exceeded all expectations and has started to see use as a counter to the stealth technology employed by the Capellan Confederation.
This BattleMech was published in an official BattleTech product, namely the MekPak 3 expansion for the MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries video game. However, although official, computer games are not considered among the sources for Canon unless the information is expressly confirmed as canonical elsewhere. By virtue of being an official albeit not positively canonical product, the game expansion and the 'Mechs presented therein including this one must be considered apocryphal.
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries MekPak 3 Expansion