- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Word of Blake Titan Yards|
|Use||Troop Carrier/Assault Ship|
|Tech Base||Star League|
|Safe Thrust||1.5 g|
|Max Thrust||2.5 g|
|Armament|| 7 x ER PPCs|
4 x LRM-20s + Artemis IV FCS
1 x Gauss Rifle
4 x LB 10-X ACs
8 x ER Large Lasers
4 x Small Pulse Lasers
4 x Medium Pulse Lasers
2 x LRM-15s + Artemis IV FCS
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||4/3|
|Heat Sinks||135 Double Heat Sinks|
Based on the venerable Triumph design, the Assault Triumph was designed to deliver a mixed Level III of Word of Blake forces to a planet. Once it has completed the troop-transport mission, the Assault Triumph provides support for ground forces by attacking strongholds and emplacements on a planet's surface. The Assault Triumph can also serve in the AeroSpace superiority role, clearing enemy AeroSpace Fighters from the contested system.
Unlike other troop transports that scatter their strongest weapons around the hull to provide firepower in every arc, the Assault Triumph mounts seven ER PPCs in the nose. This concentrated firepower gives even WarShips pause, and can easily destroy multiple ground targets on a strafing run. These are backed up by four LRM-20 launchers slaved to Artemis IV systems. The LRM's can be used to destroy a target that has been weakened by the massive PPC damage.
To protect against flank attacks, the Assault Triumph mounts eight ER Large Lasers and four LB-10X autocannons. These weapons are very useful in keeping enemy AeroSpace Fighters at bay, particularly when the LB-10X are loaded with cluster rounds.
Even more impressive is the fact that the Assault Triumph carries enough double heat sinks to fire all of its weaponry continually. This makes it a nightmare for opposing forces, as the massive damage it inflicts can arrive at any time during an engagement.
To succeed as a troop carrier, the Assault Triumph is configured with five separate cargo bays. Appropriately for a design based on the Triumph, the main bay is configured to carry twenty-four heavy Combat Vehicles. The second bay carries six AeroSpace or OmniFighters into combat. The third bay transports a complete 'Mech Level II, while the fourth bay is configured to carry six squads of Battle Armored troops. Finally, almost 900 tons of supplies and ammunition are carried in the fifth bay.
- 3082 Upgrade
- This upgrade to the Assault Triumph carries more armor and alters the weapons load slightly. The Medium Pulse Lasers that cover the aft arc are replaced with a quartet of Large Pulse Lasers. It also carries six Laser AMS to protect against incoming missile fire. The largest change is in the cargo area, where the bays have been reconfigured. Six Aerospace Fighters are carried, and the number of Mechs has been increased to twelve. The vehicle bay has been reduced to twenty vehicles, twelve heavy and eight light bays. The battle armor bay has been greatly expanded, allowing the Assault Triumph of 3082 to carry sixteen squads. These changes come at the expense of the last cargo bay, which has been reduced to just under five hundred and ten tons of capacity. BV (2.0) = 7,673
- MUL online date for the Assault Triumph
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 178, "Assault Triumph DropShip Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 305
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 306