(References to Athenry)
Athenry neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||4 (Batha, Illusa, Kylos, Zule)|
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Birds|
|Ruler|| Franklin Yamaguchi (Governor)|
Taro Winters (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2271 - Independent World 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3052 - Draconis Combine
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Info
A relatively young world, Athenry is covered by active volcanoes and tropical plant life. The thick atmosphere allows these plants to flourish. Most of the human colonists live on high mountain peaks where the air is thinner and cooler, if only by a few degrees. Athenry is too close to its star for ice caps to form, so most of the water is free-flowing and frequently rains for the lush tropical plains below the mountains.
Athenry was one of the worlds abandoned by the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, but by the end of the Reunification War Athenry had become one of the worlds within the Lone Star Province of the Terran Hegemony.
Most of the plants and animals on Athenry have medicinal value, and this led to the foundation of the Athenry Institute of Medicine during the Star League-era, but the Institute wouldn't survive the Succession Wars; the Institute was destroyed by a nuclear strike during the First Succession War. After the Jihad colonists found the ruins of the Institute and uncovered them. They also uncovered ruins from an earlier time, but no one knows who created the ruins under the ruins of the Institute. These ruins, the "City of the Lost", have become a popular tourist attraction.
In 3039 Athenry was a world covered in oceans, with many archipelagos. During the War of 3039 two regiments of the Blue Star Irregulars landed on the world. The garrison units surrendered quickly and the LCAF appointed a military governor. The Blue Star Irregulars then began to build a rapport with the local citizens by not acting like the stereotypical mercenary unit depicted by the Voice of the Dragon. The DCMS counterattack landed several months later, and consisted of the 12th Dieron Regulars and 27th Dieron Regulars. The DCMS units had a rough landing, with the Irregulars AeroSpace assets heavily damaging two DropShips and forcing an Excalibur-class DropShip to ditch in the Hoboken Sea. The DCMS units were equipped with submarine and hydrofoils, and used these speedy assets to strike at Irregular's bases across the planet. The Irregulars were eventually pushed back into a small area of the world, and the Regulars began a siege. This siege lasted for three months, but the Irregulars couldn't remain in place without inflicting heavy civilian casualties. To avoid this, the Irregulars arranged a truce with the Dieron Regulars and left the world to the Dragon.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 26, "Athenry World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- ↑ Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 34
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 79
- ↑ Historical: War of 3039, p. 80