Atreus (Clan System)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|X:Y Coordinates||71.811 : 1734.247[e]|
|Recharge time||186 hours|
- 1 Atreus
- 2 Atreus III
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- 2821 - No record 
- 2868 - Clan Smoke Jaguar 
- 3025 - Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3030 - Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3040 - Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3052 - Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3057 - Clan Smoke Jaguar / Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3062 - Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3067 - Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Ice Hellion 
- 3072 - Clan Fire Mandrill / Clan Steel Viper 
- 3074 - Clan Blood Spirit 
- 3075 - System abandoned by the Clans 
- 3085 - System abandoned by the Clans 
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
Atreus III - more commonly known simply as Atreus - is the third planet in the Atreus system and has three moons.
In 2868, Clan Mongoose would launch an assault on the Smoke Jaguar enclave, ultimately losing the battle. This would start a chain of events leading to their eventual Absorption by the Smoke Jaguars.
In 2912, members of Clan Smoke Jaguar's merchant caste would erupt into rebellion regarding events of the Londerholm Revolt, refusing to allow the landing of two Trinaries of the 1st Jaguar Caviliers. In response, the unit would level the city on orders from Smoke Jaguar Khan Ian Moon. They would follow this up by executing every merchant and their families for their revolt against proper authority.
Wars of Reaving
In 3072 the major clans in the Clan Homeworlds discovered that the bulk of the Ice Clan Hellion touman was missing from the Homeworlds. Clan Cloud Cobra, Clan Star Adder and Clan Steel Viper all promptly declared a Trial of Absorption over the Ice Hellions, and ilKhan Brett Andrews ruled that in light of the crisis in the Homeworlds at that point in time all three Clans would be allowed ot pursue the Absorption. Forces from the Steel Viper Alpha Galaxy seized Ice Hellion enclaves on Atreus, Hoard and Foster in the last quarter of 3072, facing little opposition other than some genetic castoffs produced via experimentation by the Society, piloting a mix of new designs of OmniMechs and ProtoMechs alongside equipment from caches; these castoffs were overwhelmed quickly, with their equipment captured and any surviving prisoners destroyed.
The conquest of Atreus was complete by November, but in December 3072 saKhan Nicole Hoskins of the Steel Vipers fell ill with a mysterious malady that appeared to be boiling her insides. After several days saKhan Hoskins died, only for her death to be followed by numerous reports of other Steel Viper warriors falling prey to the same malady. All of those affected were from the Hoskins, Mercer and Tamm genetic legacies, and research by the Steel Viper scientist caste swiftly determined that the cause was a blood virus which had been genetically tailored. The scientists managed to create an antidote, but nearly three Clusters of Steel Viper warriors died of the virus, along with the better part of ninety thousand civilians with genetic ties to the three legacies by the time the viral outbreaks on Atreus, Foster, Londerholm and New Kent were over.
As the Homeworlds continued to be engulfed in chaos communications from Atreus stopped in early 3073. The Bandit Caste leader known as The Jaguar had arriving over Atreus with the Black Lion-class battlecruiser Streaking Mist in early 3073. The Streaking Mist launched two DropShips containing a raiding party led by the Jaguar and then proceeded to blockade the planet, destroying several merchant vessels in the following weeks. The Jaguar's forces began by landing near Firebase Gamma, a Clan Fire Mandrill holding, destroying the defending Sixteenth Assault Cluster of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga.
Shortly after the Jaguar's forces had moved on from Firebase Gamma, a deadly plague began to spread across the world, one which would later be identified as primarily threatening those with the Hoskins, Tanaga and Quesnel genetic legacies. Despite the plague, the Jaguar continued to raid both Fire Mandrill and Steel Viper holdings across Atreus for several months, capturing slaves and resources before the Jaguar and the Streaking Mist departed.
The population of Atreus was left in a precarious position; raided occasionally by forces from the Dark Caste or Clan Coyote and decimated by the plague, both the Mandrill and Steel Viper enclaves barely held on to their existence. A Steel Viper task force led by Star Commander Freda Ahmed landed on Atreus in July 3073, and relayed details of the shambolic defenses left in place and the dismal condition of those left on the world; ilKhan Andrews responded by telling the task force to remain on station and that help would be sent when a cure was identified. Andrews responded to requests for supplies by telling the Steel Viper enclaves that they were Steel Vipers, and could either take what they needed from their neighbors or die, leaving them with a stark choice between serving their Clan or dying like animals.
The next visitors to Atreus were Zeta Galaxy of Clan Blood Spirit, who arrived in late 3074. When Zeta Galaxy arrived, all of the Steel Viper warriors were dead; the only warriors left on the planet were the broken remains of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga's combat arm, mustering less than two Clusters in strength, and several thousand civilians. Commanding Zeta Galaxy was saKhan Constans Cluff, who declared a Trial of Absorption for the remains of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga. The surviving Fire Mandrills accepted their fate willingly; when the Blood Spirits left in October the enclaves on Atreus had been cleared out, and Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga no longer existed. The plague that had devastated those with genetic legacies linked to the Hoskins, Quenel and Tanaga legacies was determined to have run its course when Blood Spirit scientists tested the surviving population.
- Clan Smoke Jaguar 
- 1st Battle (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 16th Assault (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 23rd Air Assault Force (Clan Fire Mandrill)
- 200th Attack (Clan Ice Hellion)
- 44th Hector Cavaliers (Clan Ice Hellion)
- Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga Tertiary Facility - A Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga controlled facility, which is known to produce BattleMechs and its components. Site is the main producer of the Predator Class BattleMech, first produced in 3060.
- Aerospace Plant CM-T72673
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 112, Clan-Space Worlds Table
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 232, "Atreus"
- Historical: Operation KLONDIKE, p. 133, "Deep Periphery (2821)"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 7-8
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- Wars of Reaving, p. 228, "Political balance Table, 3067"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 106-107, "The Viper Uncoils"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 138, "Death of a Kindraa"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 248, "Political balance Table, 3075"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 249, "Political balance Table, 3085"
- Era Digest: Golden Century, p. 7, 8 - "Warriors above Politicians"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans p. 112, 113 - "Into the Golden Century"
- Invading Clansp. 51, 52 - "The Londerholm Revolt"
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky, p. 78 - Fire Mandrill/History - Information regarding ownership of Atreus in Fire Mandrill history.
- Wars of Reaving, p. 117, "Infestation"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 149 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 150 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 152 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 153 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 188, "Predator" - Fluff names Atreus manufacturer site of the Predator.