Atreus (Individual WarShip)
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
In 2765 the WarShip Atreus was in service with the Free Worlds League Navy (FWLN) as the FWLS Atreus, and was the flagship of the FWLN First Fleet. The core of the First Fleet at this time was a quartet of Atreus-class battleships, accompanied by two League-class destroyers and an Aegis-class heavy cruiser, plus perhaps one more WarShip with additional JumpShips and DropShips as required.
The Atreus and the First Fleet operated from the Dieudonne system, but anchored at the Technicron Manufacturing shipyards at Savannah, and were responsible for patrolling the border with the Terran Hegemony. The First Fleet had seen relatively little combat in the ten years leading up to 2765, in contrast to some of the other FWLM fleets.
Based upon the ship name Atreus it is likely, but not certain, that the FWLS Atreus was an Atreus-class battleship and possibly the first-of-class or lead ship of her class. This has not been confirmed in a canon source, however.
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 20, "Free Worlds League Navy"