- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Clan Nova Cat Service
As of April 3062, the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Blade was a WarShip within the Clan Nova Cat touman and as such was serving the Second Star League as the SLS Blade within the Transcendent Naval Star. Also serving in the Transcendent Naval Star were two sister ships to the Blade, the SLS Path of Honor and the SLS Vision Quest.
The Blade was one of Nova Cat WarShips to survive a Trial of Possession conducted against Clan Ghost Bear for control of the Leviathan-class battleship CGB Rasalhague in May 3067, the Second Naval Battle of Alshain also known as Trial of Retribution. It carried the DropShips Sacred Trust, Bright Star, Crimson Claw and Prowler into this battle.
The Blade continued to serve in the Transcendent Naval Star at least until the beginning of the Jihad, and served as a part of the Nova Cat contribution to war efforts against the Word of Blake. The NCS Blade was was one of only two Nova Cat WarShips to survive the Jihad.
Republic of the Sphere Service
In 3140, the vessel would be used as part of the Republic's efforts to eliminate a renegade ComStar faction which had resurrected the Com Guard's 1st Division. With leads found at Luyten 68-28 indicating the ComStar base was on Epsilon Eridani, the Auspicium was sent to investigate. At the system's nadir jump point they had a chance encounter with an arriving ComStar fleet, confirming the suspicions. The Auspicium's two fighter squadrons of Schrack OmniFighters engaged the fleeing Com Guards. They destroyed the Guard's Achilles-class assault DropShip Purity of Purpose in a high-speed pursuit, though only four fighters would ultimately survive the engagement. The Auspicium neutralized the enemy JumpShips to keep them from escaping, then used its functional HPG to alert the Republic.
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 133, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 96, "Nova Cat Retribution"
- Trial of Retribution
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 96, "Naval Fleet"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 16, "Fleet Assets"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 185, "Republic Navy"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere , pp. 50-51 & 133 SCK-O Schrack - Schrack fluff notes the Auspicium's actions during the ComStar conflict in the Republic.
- Turning Points: Epsilon Eridani, p. 7