- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||TriTech Type 1|
The Federated Commonwealth requested a design to compete against the Clans' artillery support 'Mech, the Naga. Investor groups from Nashan and Defiance Industries, as well as Kallon Industries formed a new limited company called TriTech, whose home base was on Talon, the moon of Wernke. TriTech won the contract to produce five hundred of the new Avatar BattleMechs.
The Avatar comes with two targeting and tracking computers, one for the main artillery systems and one of the secondary backup weapons. This allows it to fire its artillery at preset coordinates while the pilot uses the secondary weapons. Its Pitban 320 XL Engine combined with Triple-Strength Myomers allow it to move at speeds up to 86.4 kph, allowing it to keep up with most heavy and assault 'Mechs. The ten double heat sinks are barely enough to support chained fire. While its nine tons of armor allows it to withstand fire from only light or medium 'Mechs.
Weapons and Equipment
The Avatar's main weapon is its Arrow IV Missile Artillery System for indirect fire and a Defiance 1001 ER PPC for direct fire. This is supported by three Defiance B3M Medium Lasers for close range capabilities.
- This variant is armed with a Thumper Artillery Piece instead of the Arrow IV Missile System. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = ?
- This variant replaces the Arrow IV with a Sniper Artillery Piece. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = ?