|BE701 Joust Medium Tank|
|Armor||Advanced Compound Beta|
|Engine||200 Standard Fusion|
|Communications System||Build 1685/6 Tacticom|
Created by Clan Nova Cat after the success of the Shoden, the Joust was designed to be a well-rounded medium tank. With a wide mix of weapons, the Joust is a versatile design, capable of handling a multitude of roles and missions. Additionally, the Joust has eight tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, double that of the similar Ares tank, enhancing the Joust's survivability. The tank was designed shortly after the creation of the SM1 Tank Destroyer Hover Tank during the Jihad. Early versions of the Joust had problems with their fire control programs, occasionally causing the ER Large Laser to fire unexpectedly.
- Joust BE700 - The BE701 was based on an earlier vehicle, the Joust BE700 which featured a different loadout. The Joust 701 tank was protected by 9.5 tons of Ferro Fibrous armor and used a Clan made XL Engine. Armament was slightly different, with an ATM 9 launcher taking the place of the LRM-10 seen in exported vehicles. The BE700 also carried a Light Active Probe to find hidden forces. The ER Large Laser remained the same, but the BE700 only carried four Light Machine Guns. BV (2.0) = 1,307
The Joust was originally created for WizKids's MWDA gameline. The vehicle's name was originally produced as BE701 Joust. However, line-developers with Catayst Game Labs who produced their own rendition of the vehicle, have redone the name place its model number in middle of it name, making its Joust BE701 Medium Tank. It done to conform with naming conventions established for current Battletech line.
 Tank Gallery
- ↑ Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 23
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 189
- ↑ Eta Nova Cat Dossier, - "Commentary section" - fluff mentions the vehicle's creation.
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 136
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 137