- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
The Backhoe is a piece of construction equipment that is rarely seen on the battlefield. Usually found on IndustrialMechs and vehicles used for construction the backhoe is simply a large metal bucket on an articulated arm that is used for excavation. This allows construction companies to quickly move soil to create basements, ditches, hills, and otherwise modify the terrain.
The Backhoe inflicts 6 points of damage on any target it hits. As it isn't a weapon, to-hit rolls with a Backhoe receive a +1 modifier. Damage is affected by Triple Strength Myomer. A Support Vehicle cannot use a Backhoe to attack an enemy unit, but a Support Vehicle can attack a building. In addition to its normal damage, a Backhoe that attacks a building will inflict an additional 1D6 points of damage.
Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a single Backhoe in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs can mount a single Backhoe in each side torso. Vehicles can mount one Backhoe on their Front, Rear, and Turret locations. Regardless of unit type a Backhoe may not be mounted in any area that mounts a Chainsaw, Dual Saw, Mining Drill, Rock Cutter, Wrecking Ball, Combine, or Pile Driver.
- Total Warfare, p. 146, "Physical Weapons Attack Table"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industial Equipment Data"
- TechManual, p. 292, "Industrial Equipment"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"
- TechManual, p. 241, "Industrial Equipment - Backhoe"
- Total Warfare, p. 130, "Other Combat And Equipments - Backhoe"