Ballistic Plate Armor
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
Ballistic Plate Armor is one of the best forms of personal protection available and can defend its wearer even from light support weapons. Plate armor is constructed of dozens of layers of laminated carbon fibers and heat-resistant polymers and produced in vest and full suit formats, including a standard-issue combat helmet made from the same material. The drawback to all of this protection is that plate armor restricts movement and is difficult repair, requiring replacement if too heavily damaged. It is the ideal form of protection for urban and other close-quarters fighting, and many police agencies and special-forces units issue plate armor to their tactical units.
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 141, "Personal Armor - Ballistic Plate Armor"