Ballistic Plate Armor
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Ballistic Plate Armor is one of the best forms of personal protection available and can defend its wearer even from light support weapons. Plate armor is constructed of dozens of layers of laminated carbon fibers and heat-resistant polymers and produced in vest and full suit formats, including a standard-issue combat helmet made from the same material. The drawback to all of this protection is that plate armor restricts movement and is difficult repair, requiring replacement if too heavily damaged. It is the ideal form of protection for urban and other close-quarters fighting, and many police agencies and special-forces units issue plate armor to their tactical units.
- Classic BattleTech RPG, p. 141, "Personal Armor - Ballistic Plate Armor"