Basantapur Fine Metals
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
(References to Basantapur Fine Metals)
|Basantapur Fine Metals|
|Primary Products||Conventional Aircraft|
New Avalon Stock & Commodities Symbol: BSFM
Home Office: Jupaipur, Basantapur
Basantapur specializes in the creation of rare alloys, most of which are used in military applications such as the internal framework of BattleMechs. As of 3025, the company operated many large foundries on the worlds of Basantapur and As Samik. While the company has survived the Succession Wars with little damage, a long history of bad management has prevented the firm from achieving its full potential. Over the years, the Davion government has thought about nationalizing the company, but each time this is considered, they realize that the solution would only cause more problems.
After a disastrous 3026 Hanse Davion appointed a new management team made up of capable executives. By 3031 Basantapur was operating more effectively than it ever had before and returned record profits. Things went so well that Basantapur created a new subsidiary to exploit petroleum reserves and by 3040 they had purchased a small transportation company to move their products to clients in the Federated Suns, Lyran Commonwealth, and Free Worlds League. They maintain mining operations in scores of systems across the Federated Suns and the near Periphery.
With their local supply of germanium drying up, Basantapur began production of the Drake medium conventional fighter in order to diversify. This followed on the heels of their experimental Drake variant, which used Modular Armor to provide additional protection.
Basantapur Fine Metals has a manufacturing center on the following planet:
|Components produced on Colorado:|
|Drake Medium Strike Fighter||Conventional Aircraft|
|Imstar DF/35 Special||Drake|
|Armor - Aerospace Fighters & Conventional Aircraft|
|BFM Vehicular Stealth||Drake|
|GPT Multi-Track Standard w/Guardian ECM||Drake|
|IMB SYS 7000||Drake|
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 172, "Other Major Companies in the Federated Suns"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 159, "Basantapur Fine Metals Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 13
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks, p. 14, "Produced Experimental Medium Strike Fighter Components"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 158, "Drake Strike Fighter Profile"