BattleTech, 2nd Edition
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|BATTLETECH - A Game of Armored Combat|
|Development|| Jordan Weisman|
Ross Babcock III
|First published||June 1985|
|MSRP||20,00 US $|
|Era||Succession Wars era|
|Series||Classic BattleTech boxed sets|
|Followed by||BattleTech, 3rd Edition|
The second edition of what was previously called Battledroids, this board game box is generally considered the baseline BattleTech product. It featured revised rules, expanded background information on the BattleTech universe including colored faction counters, and a few more "classic" BattleMech designs compared to Battledroids.
From the back cover
|“|| A Dark Age has befallen mankind. Where the United Star League once reigned, five successor states now battle for control. The destruction of war has ravaged the once flourishing worlds and left them in ruins. The advancement of technology has not only ceased, but the machines and equipment of the past cannot be produced by present-day worlds. The Succession Wars are fought over water, ancient machines, and spare parts factories. Control of these elements will lead to final victory and the domination of known space.
BATTLETECH: The study and implementation of battlefield technology.
BATTLEMECH: Ranging in height from 7 to 15 meters and weighing 10 to 100 tons, they carry more firepower than a 20th-century tank battalion.
MECHWARRIOR: Brave men and women who are 31st-century knights piloting their 'Mechs into battle. Serving one of the five Houses, or in the employ of a mercenary company or bandit king, these warriors are the most respected and feared individuals in the galaxy.
Now you are a MechWarrior and the time has come for you to go into battle.
In the 30th century, life is cheap, but BattleMechs aren't.
BATTLETECH is the second edition of BATTLEDROIDS
- 48 Full-color, stand-up playing pieces with front and back views, printed on thick cardboard. Enough BattleMechs to put four companies in the field.
- 120 Color unit insignias, to display your BattleMech's colors in the field.
- 24 Plastic holders for playing pieces.
- 48-page rulebook, containing beginning, advanced, expert, and optional rules, plus 10 pages of history, background and technical information.
- 2 six-sided dice.
The stats for the following 16 BattleMechs were included with the game:
- LCT-1V Locust
- STG-3R Stinger
- WSP-1A Wasp
- PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
- TRC-4B Chameleon (no stand-up playing piece provided; generic training 'Mech)
- GRF-1N Griffin
- SHD-2H Shadow Hawk
- WVR-6R Wolverine
- MLN-1A Merlin (no stand-up playing piece provided; used as a practical example for the construction rules)
- RFL-3N Rifleman
- CRD-6R Crusader
- TDR-5S Thunderbolt
- ARC-2R Archer
- WHM-6R Warhammer
- MAD-3R Marauder
- BLR-1G BattleMaster
All of these 'Mechs had unseen artwork displayed for them, except for the Chameleon and Merlin that had no standups provided for them (though art for the Chameleon was shown in the rulebook).
Except for the Shadow Hawk and Warhammer, all 'Mechs that had previously appeared in Battledroids had their stats altered to account for changes in the construction rules, or otherwise corrected in some way. The Locust, Wolverine, Thunderbolt, BattleMaster and Chameleon had not been included in Battledroids.
- 12 House Davion
- 12 House Kurita
- 12 House Liao
- 12 House Marik
- 12 House Steiner
- 12 21st Centauri Lancers
- 12 Eridani Light Horse
- 12 Hansen's Roughriders
- 12 Lindon's Company
- 12 Wolf's Dragoons
- 8 Helmar Valasek
- 8 Oberon Confederation
- 8 Redjack Ryan
- 12 Smoke tokens
- 6 Fire tokens
- 6 Blank tokens
- The quote is correct, one portion in the back refers to the 30th century, another the 31st century.