Battle of Beckvern Hill
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Battle of Beckvern Hill|
|Part of The Age of War|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Unknown||Archon Michael Steiner|
|Sword of Light Regiment||Unknown|
In July 2475 a major earthquake hit Tharkad City, destroying the majority of its government buildings, gave the Draconis Combine the incentive to try to capture Nox. The planet became the site of the first full-scale BattleMech verses BattleMech engagement, occurring at Battle of Beckvern Hill. Archon Michael Steiner's Company of 'Mechs and supporting heavy tanks moved against an equal number of Kuritan 'Mechs from a Sword of Light Regiment. In the three hour battle against the notoriously tenacious DCMS, the Archon's troops fought their way into the Sword of Light's rear areas. They then fanned out into lance-sized units to cause as much damage as possible to the enemy's supplies and communications. Michael Steiner's Command Lance fought its way to the enemy's Regimental HQ, killing the command staff before being killed-in-action himself by Combine reinforcements.
Though this Kuritan attack was neither successful nor strategically significant, it marked a major turning point in armed warfare. The few confrontations in military history that can compare to its significance include the Monitor verses the Merrimack engagement in March 1862 and the first use of tanks at the Battle of Flers-Courcelette in 1916.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 24