|Model||Batu - Prime|
|Power Plant||280 XL Engine|
|Communications System||LongTalk 2|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Mark IX TTS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
Developed by Clan Steel Viper and slowly spreading to other Clans, the Batu OmniFighter is primarily an interceptor, fitting the Vipers' standard attack pattern for both ground and air fighting, of swift, deadly strikes.
Despite the use of a XL Engine and Cobra Pattern 12 Ferro-Aluminum armor, the Batu is slower and less well armored than most, favoring maneuverability and its considerable 18 tons of available pod space to carry the day. Geared toward the swift first strikes so favored by the Steel Vipers and all the Clans, the Batus limited fuel supply and ten hardwired Double Heat Sinks drastically limit its staying power.
Weapons and Equipment
The Batus primary variant is well suited to its intended dog-fighting role, its main weapon is a nose-mounted ER Large Laser supported by under/over wing-tip-mounted Medium Pulse Lasers. An ER Medium Laser covers the rear of the craft, with all lasers linked to an advanced Targeting Computer to greatly enhanced their accuracy.
- Alt. Config. A
- The A variant is a mix of long and short range weaponry, based around an ER PPC and Narc Missile Beacon mounted in the nose, with the Narc system linked to four standard SRM-6 launchers, two in each wing. With only a single ton of Narc pods, the included two tons of SRM reloads will outlast it, while an additional double heat sink keeps the PPC firing. BV (1.0) = 1,664, BV (2.0) = 1,975.
- Alt. Config. B
- The all laser carrying Batu B configuration is an excellent strafing vehicle, mounting seven Medium Pulse Lasers, three in the nose and two fitted in each wing. A ER Medium Laser discourages anybody who seeks to interrupt the pilot's strafing run, the included Targeting Computer making this variants attacks impressively accurate. BV (1.0) = 2,240, BV (2.0) = 2,651.
- Alt. Config. C
- A failed attempt at a cool running variant, the Batu C is built around a Gauss Rifle in its nose supported by two ER Mediums, with twin ER Small Lasers mounted in the wings. An additional extended range medium is mounted aft, but pitiful single ton of gauss reloads forces the pilot's to drop back to their relatively weak laser weaponry. BV (1.0) = 2,028, BV (2.0) = 2,109.
- Alt. Config. D
- A recent variation, the nose heavy Batu D's forward firing weapon consists of two extended range PPCs and single ER medium laser, with a single ER medium mounted aft. Four additional double heat sinks bring the fighter close to being able to fire alpha strike at will. BV (1.0) = 2,313, BV (2.0) = 2,435.
- Alt. Config. E
- The Batu E is apparently geared for anti-DropShip and anti-WarShip operations. The nose carries a single Ultra AC/20 and the aft is protected by four advanced Improved One Shot Streak SRM-2 launchers. The relatively light armor and low fuel supply insure that this version of the Batu will remain close to base. BV (2.0) = 1,602
- Alt. Config. Z
- Developed by The Society, this configuration of the Batu uses a Nova CEWS to share targeting data. A pair of ER Medium Lasers in each wing provides close-in firepower, while the nose mounted iATM 12 provides most of the Batu Z's hitting power. An ER Small Laser covers the craft's aft arc, and a Targeting Computer helps offset the lower skills of Society-trained pilots.
- Combat Operations, p. 109
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 182-183, "Batu OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 57
- Master Unit List: Battle Values, p. 177
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 314
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 150-151, "Batu Fighter Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3055 Revised, pp. 134-135, "Batu OmniFighter Profile"
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 58
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 315
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 59
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 316
- AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 60
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 317
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 318
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 319
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 87