Black Heart (MekTek)
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
Some BattleMech designs earn a place in history because they are the chariots of heroes. Some, like the Black Heart, because they are the chariots of monsters like the Word of Blake's elite Manei Domini.
Weapons and Equipment
- Following the Jihad there have been speculative reports of Black Hearts sighted in the deep periphery including several in the possession of the Brotherhood of Randis. Their original weaponry has been completely removed, the arm weapons being replaced by a pair of Hypervelocity AC/10's and twin linked Medium X-Pulse Lasers replacing the medium lasers in the lower side torsos. The former SRM bays now appear to house an enhanced electronic and control system including ECM, IFF-multiplexer, and an Advanced Gyroscope. How such a 'Mech has found its way into the deep Periphery and the hands of the Brotherhood is a mystery.
This BattleMech was published in an official BattleTech product, namely the MekPak expansion for the MechWarrior IV: Mercenaries computer game. However, although official, computer games are not considered among the sources for Canon unless the information is expressly confirmed as canonical elsewhere.
By virtue of being an official albeit not positively canonical product, the game expansion and the 'Mechs presented therein including this one must be considered apocryphal.
MechWarrior IV: Mercenaries MekTek MekPak Expansion