- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Blackstone Highlanders: Raising The Bottom Line|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Colonel Scott Blackstone|
The roots as a cooperate force where no obstacle for a life as mercernary. The highlanders raided Jade Falcon planets during the last internal conflict of the former Federated Commonwealth. The unit earned the respect of the Falcon with the capture of supply caches on Twycross during an assault. The goal for the raids became clear as the unit handed their salvage to their parent organization over. It was enough equipment left for a base for rebuilt and the unit have a huge part of clan technology.
In the mid-3050's the unit was assigned to bandit-hunting duties. They were apparently successful, as several pirate bands based on The Rack issued a bounty for one of the Highlander's MechWarriors.
In 3068 the Highlanders denied a call to rescue the beleaguered Blue Star Irregulars on Black Earth, who were under assault from the Jade Falcons. Since this time the unit make a new contract with Inarcs and will defend the planet against all threats.
In 3083 the Blackstone Highlanders defended Duchess LaRue of the Inarcs Archonette publicly flouted orders and refused to return control of the Archonette to Tharkad. The 1st Royal Guards and 2nd Bolan Guards arrived on four Monolith JumpShips, escorted by the LAS Yggdrasil, and announced that the Duchess was under arrest. The Blackstone Highlanders occupied their defensive positions and fought the First Royal Guards. The Royal Guards made quick work of the Highlanders, and the Highlanders surrendered after they realized they couldn't succeed or escape. The Highlanders were disbanded by the LCAF, and as of 3085 the Blackstone family hasn't rebuilt the unit.
Colonel Blackstone is the current commander and the unit established an new command set of officers after their rebuilt.
The unit train for every possible mission or enemy that can they face. The Highlanders began with special anti-clan tactics.
The Highlanders possess enough DropShip capacity for the entire unit, and can on occasion use the JumpShip owned by Blackstone Industries. The unit's technical staff can cover 70 percent of the technical demand.
Blackstone Highlanders (1 Reinforced Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Scott Blackstone
- The unit contains 4 companies each with four lances => 64 'Mechs total, one third are OmniMechs
- CO: Wing Commander: Major Herbert Blade
- They are experts in ground support and air superiority, losses being replaced with OmniFighters
Blackstone Guard(1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- Armor Commander: Major Wilfred Sweeny
- Contains one lance of Manteuffel tanks
Black Flag(1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- Infantry Commander: Major Stephanie Kwolek
- 1 recon company, 1 company for security duties and 1 company battle armor
The unit was at 95% of its listed Battalion strength. 90% of the unit used upgraded technology.
Tarantula in Blackstone Highlanders colors.
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 210
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 18
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 94
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 95
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 96, Coventry Province
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 21 - "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 35 - "Unit Profile"