Bonaventure (Individual Potemkin-class WarShip)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
- This article is about the Potemkin-class WarShip. For the corvette class of WarShips, see Bonaventure.
As at 3061 the Potemkin-class cruiser Bonaventure was a WarShip within the Clan Snow Raven touman and was serving as the CSR Bonaventure, one of ten WarShips that made up the Lum Garrison Fleet. Paired with her sister ship, the CSR Eden Rose, the Bonaventure was serving both as a transport for the various factories orbiting at numerous LaGrange points above Lum, and also as a naval guard for those same factories.
The Bonaventure continued to serve in the Lum Garrison Fleet until at least 3067, operating alongside the Eden Rose, the Sovetskii Soyuz-class heavy cruiser CSR Avalanche, the Aegis-class heavy cruisers CSR Morning Violence and CSR Scabbard, three destroyers - the Lola III-class CSR Bloody Talon, the York-class CSR Corvidae and the Whirlwind-class CSR Drake - and the Vincent-class corvette CSR Huninn.
The Bonaventure survived the Wars of Reaving and the Jihad and by 3079 was serving in a new naval Star, the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star, operating alongside the surviving Snow Raven Potemkins: the Eden Rose, CSR Epimetheus, CSR Treachery and CSR Wild Swan and the surviving Snow Raven Volga-class transport CSR Scavenger. In common with the other WarShips of the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star the Bonaventure had been stationed above a world in the Outworlds Alliance since 3073 and hadn't moved since, leading to speculation that the Eden Rose and the other ships were somehow serving as industrial sites of some kind.
In or around 3090 the Snow Ravens exchanged a number of WarShips from the Eden Rose Naval Transport Star with Clan Diamond Shark. Using the newly-acquired WarShips to form the Alliance Naval Star, the Snow Ravens left the Bonaventure and Eden Rose operating as the two-ship Eden Rose Naval Reserve Star.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 131, "Lum Garrison Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 64-65, "Naval Assets"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 18-19, "Fleet Assets"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 74-76, "Alliance Naval Star"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 166, "The Alliance Fleet"