Boosted Communications Unit
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
A Boosted Communications Unit was a special type of Communications Unit developed for the Manei Domini. Available to agents of Tau rank and higher, the boosted unit functioned similarly to normal models but was capable of two-way communication over greater distances. An agent could have up to two units implanted, in any combination of transmitter, receiver, communication or recorder units.
In RPG play a Boosted Communications Unit follows the same rules as the standard unit but with a range of one kilometer. In CBT play it grants the same one-time modifier to a force's Initiative Roll. Battle armor and infantry units where a majority possessed both Boosted Communications and Multi-Modal Ear or Eye implants could be counted as part of a friendly C3i network.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 126, 131