Bryceland Draconis March Militia
|Bryceland Draconis March Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis March Militia|
The Bryceland Draconis March Militia kept a wary eye on the worlds in the Bryceland PDZ for centuries. With the Draconis Combine on one flank and the Outworlds Alliance on the other, the Bryceland DMM employed several changes to the default March Militia structure.
Unlike most March Militias, the Bryceland DMM placed observers on every world in their area of responsibility. These local assets were very familiar with the planets they lived on, providing accurate and timely information to the DMM unit as a whole. As a result, the DMM troops that deployed to the various worlds of their PDZ found a ready-made source of local intelligence and support. This allowed them to repulse raiding forces very quickly.
During the Jihad, supply depots on Bryceland were attacked by elements of the Black Dragon Society. These forces inflicted some casualties, but the Bryceland DMM was able to repel them from the world. These losses were significant, but with the March Militia's shift to the Light Combat Team model, they aren't enough to keep the Bryceland DMM on the sidelines.
By 3085 the AFFS High Command held the Bryceland DMM in high regard. As such their supply situation was excellent, allowing the unit to put all its supporting forces into the field and deploying a nearly full complement of BattleMechs. All the equipment used by the Bryceland DMM at this time was straight off the assembly lines.
As the Bryceland DMM mostly faced raids and incursions from other factions, they were skilled in breaking up into smaller task groups and supporting several worlds at once. This allowed them to respond quickly to attacks on multiple fronts and repel pirates, Combine raiders, or the occasional Outworlds attack.
Bryceland Draconis March Militia (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Lao Tsu XI
Bryceland DMM (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Oci Begurnson
- CO: Lieutenant General Oci Begurnson
- CO: Lieutenant General Alexandra Palais
- CO: Kommandant Nial Dune
Bryceland DMM Infantry Brigade (4 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant General Cherry Petty
Bryceland Draconis March Militia (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major General Wyatt Haig
Bryceland DMM Aerospace (Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Marie LeFleur
Bryceland DMM Armor Brigade (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Tony DiMarini
Bryceland DMM Infantry Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Leftenant General Timothy Van Deacen
The Bryceland DMM was reorganizing as a Light Combat Team. Unlike many other March Militia units they had received their battle armor units. Given the relative strength of this unit and the Bremond DMM the High Command was seriously considering rolling the survivors of the Bremond DMM into the Bryceland unit.
Bryceland Draconis March Militia LCT (Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Enrique Carstensen
Bryceland DMM Aerospace (Wing/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Edward Jones
Bryceland DMM Armor Brigade (Veteran/Fanatical)
- CO: Leftenant General Noboru Yamada
Bryceland DMM Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leftenant General Ursa Wallin
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 120, "Bryceland Draconis March Militia Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 135
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 18
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 66
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 136 (pdf version), "Bryceland PDZ"
- 20 Year Update, p. 20, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3050"
- Objective Raids, p. 14, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Update, p. 141, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 72, "AFFS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 136