C3 Remote Sensor Launcher
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|C3 Remote Sensor (C3RS) Launcher|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Experimental|
|Year Introduced||IS = 3070 DCMS|
|Ammo Per Ton||4|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||100,000|
|Ammo BV (2.0)||6|
The C3 Remote Sensor (C3RS) Launcher is a derivative of the Narc Missile Beacon launcher. Developed by the DCMS the C3RS is used to deploy small C3 slaves to fill gaps in C3 networks. The fact that the Remote Sensors are immobile, fragile, and have a limited power supply severely limits their usefulness on the battle field.
Using a C3RS, a lance that has lost a C3-slave equipped unit can plug the gap formed in their network. The C3RS launcher selects which C3 network the C3RS pod will interact with before being fired, and once that assignment is made it cannot be changed. Despite the DCMS' best efforts the C3RS cannot be used to expand a C3 network past the standard network size limits. Any C3RS pod fired when a C3 network is at maximum capacity are wasted. The engineers that developed the system cannot get a power source to last more than 30 seconds, so the C3RS pod will rapidly run out of power. A final weakness of the C3RS pods is that they are vulnerable to nearly any weapon including the Machine Gun. This fragility also means that if a pod is launched badly it will slam into the ground and destroy itself rather than landing on top of the surface and functioning. If an enemy weapon penetrates into the C3RS ammunition bay, each unfired C3RS pod inflicts damage as a single SRM warhead.
There is no known model name of the system.
- Tactical Operations, pp. 404-405, "Heavy Weapons And Equipment Combat Data"
- Tactical Operations, pp. 298-299, "C3 Boosted Systems"
- Tactical Operations, p. 383, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table (Addendum)"