- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
- This article is about the Clan Ice Hellion WarShip CIH Cold Hunter.
- References to the CSR Cold Hunter, an alleged vessel in the Clan Snow Raven touman, have officially been declared to be in error, i.e. should be disregarded entirely as non-canonical. No Snow Raven vessel ever existed under that name, nor is the existence of such a ship a canon rumor.
As of 3059 the Lola III-class destroyer CIH Cold Hunter was a WarShip within the Clan Ice Hellion touman. The Cold Hunter continued to serve the Ice Hellions throughout the next decade alongside two sister ships of the same class, the CIH Impaler and the CIH Radiant.
When the Ice Hellions launched their invasion of the Clan Jade Falcon Occupation Zone in the Inner Sphere in mid-3071 the Cold Hunter was part of their WarShip fleet. One of the first actions conducted by all thirteen Ice Hellion WarShips was to secure the Dark Nebula, destroying the small Jade Falcon naval force there and securing the largely-abandoned facility.
Following the beginning of the Clan Hell's Horses campaign against the Ice Hellion holdings in the Inner Sphere the Cold Hunter was nearly lost in combat against the heavier Congress-class frigate CHH Bucephalus while covering the retreat of Zeta Galaxy from Apollo.
As the overmatched Ice Hellion forces made their last stand in the Dark Nebula by March 3072 the Cold Hunter was one of the few WarShips the Ice Hellions could muster in defense; already heavily damaged in the earlier battle with the Bucephalus, when faced with a large opposing force of Hell's Horses and Jade Falcon vessels the Cold Hunter surrendered, as the ship stood no chance of surviving combat. The Ice Hellions subsequently accepted hegira both from the Dark Nebula and the Jade Falcon Occupation Zone, although some sources indicate that the Cold Hunter was destroyed during the battle prior to hegira being accepted, along with the remainder of the naval Star.
- According to an official ruling by Øystein Tvedten, "No CSR Cold Hunter ever existed, it was duplicated by a mistake. (And no, no warship 'took it's place')." Also copied to this article's talk page for reference.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 81, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 47 "Ice Hellion Touman" - Naval Assets
- Wars of Reaving, p. 69-71, "The Hellion Strikes"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 76, "Line of Death"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 85, "Icy Fire"
- Operation ICE STORM (novel), part II
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents p. 30, "March 3072" - Dark Nebula marks the end of the Cold Hunter's career.