Frost Giant (Individual JumpShip)
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
The Frost Giant was a JumpShip operated by Clan Ice Hellion, and in 3071 was in the vanguard of the Ice Hellion invasion of the Jade Falcon Occupied zone. When the substantial flotilla of which the Frost Giant was a part arrived in the Cambridge system, it was surprised to find two JumpShips from Clan Goliath Scorpion already in the system, having arrived shortly before. The Goliath Scorpion ships were part of a Seeker expedition led by Star Colonel Sandra of the First Eridani Lancers and had limped to Cambridge following an encounter with unknown forces in a nearby system.
Star Colonel Sandra launched a trial against the Hellion forces and won easily, claiming the Frost Giant; after opening a dialogue with the crew, she discovered the nature of the Hellion prescence in the Cambridge system and ordered the Frost Giant to jump to Erewhon, where after a period of negotiations and wrangling with Star Colonel Brian Pryde, who had been present in the Erewhon system at the time organizing an operation by the Jade Falcon Watch, the Goliath Scopions were able to trade details of the Ice Hellion movements and plans for another JumpShip, complete with three Stars of newly-constructed Jupiter Assault 'Mechs and a Star of Jade Falcon warriors from the Watch.
- Wars of Reaving, p. 58, "The Scorpion Wanders"