- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
As at 3059 the Aegis-class heavy cruiser Janice Hazen was serving as the CJF Janice Hazen, one of nine Aegis-class vessels serving in the Jade Falcon touman, operating alongside the CJF Black Talon, CJF Blue Talon, CJF Frost Falcon, CJF Gold Talon, CJF Jade Talon, CJF Hawk Eye, CJF Red Talon and CJF White Talon. The Janice Hazen would continue to be an active part of the touman throughout the next decade and into the beginnings of the Jihad.
The Janice Hazen participated in its defense of the Falcons' Occupational Zone when Clan Ice Hellion invaded. During the last of the fighting in 3072, the Janice Hazen was lost over Evciler when the remains of the Hellion's AeroSpace Fighter support destroyed the ship. The Janice Hazen took the brunt of the Hellions' fire as it was the vanguard of the attack; while the Jade Falcon Alpha, Gamma and Delta Galaxies were able to land on Evciler, the Janice Hazen had her forward section breached and ruptured and her KF-drive cracked; the ship then hit the atmosphere of Evciler, breaking up on impact.
The Janice Hazen was one of only two Jade Falcon WarShips to be lost in action against the Ice Hellions during the invasion, although the loss of the Janice Hazen was offset by the earlier capture of the Aegis-class Ice Hellion WarShip CIH Chaos Sailor as isorla, which the Jade Falcons repaired and put into service.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 95, "Naval Assets"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 49, "Naval Assets"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 30, "Operation: Ice Storm"
- Wars of Reaving, p. 84, "Icy Fire"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 15, "Fleet Assets"