The Rosslare was one of six Faslane-class Yardships to be constructed in secret between 2882 and 2949 by ComStar. In 3062 the CSV Rosslare was reported to be operating independently of the ComStar fleet, on detached duty alongside its sister ship the CSV Glamorgan, and operating out of the Columbus Deep Periphery station in support of Explorer Corps operations. The CSV Rosslare remained in service with ComStar as of 3067, but had been destroyed by 3076.
- The vessels of the Faslane class appear to all be named for cities or regions of the United Kingdom.
- The Rosslare is occasionally misspelled as Roslare. It has been confirmed though that the correct spelling of the name is indeed "Rosslare", after the Irish port. (As officially confirmed in this reply on the BattleTech Forum in the "Ask the Writers" section by Chris Hartford: "They should be Rosslare (named for the Irish port) and Glamorgan (named for the Welsh county).".
- Explorer Corps, p. 106, "Faslane Class Yard-Ship"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 44, "The WarShip Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 83, "ComStar Naval Assets"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 211, "The Com Guard: Key Military Commands"
- Catalyst Game Labs Ask The Writer Forum, Øystein, "All of ComStar's Faslane-class YardShips were destroyed by the Word of Blake."