- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Bob Smith|
In 3057, in the aftermath of the Marik-Liao invasion of the Sarna March, Saiph became an independent world and was forced into the Saiph Triumvirate under Duke Balatine. The forces of different city states were put together to form Canned Heat as a mercenary force at battalion level. The troops have battled each other in the past and the "hotheads" are their trademark. During their extended defense of Saiph the formerly conventional unit manages to amass nearly a battalion of BattleMechs. Hiring individual MechWarriors form Outreach to fill in the gaps, they have fleshed out nicely as a combined arms unit.
The Fourth Divison was assigned to this planet with the task to bring stability to Saiph. Their new employer give the mercs a training circle, after this the mercs get the orders to defend the planet and to train the new Protectorate Militia.
In 3067 Major Bob Smith followed as commander after the death of the former leader Major Jill Asweepay.
Two units fighting independently. The armored forces are defenders and pathfinders, because the Battletechs take the offensive to the enemy.
The unit has no integral transport capacity and can cover only 75% of their technical demand.
Dragoon Rating: Unrated
- CO/Alpha Company: Major Bob Smith
- Beta Company: Captain Shella Handley
- Gamma Company: Captain Richard McCormick
- Half of their equipment is upgraded
Canned Heat Groundpounders (1 Battalion/Green/Reliable)
- XO/Armor: Major Colin Steele
- The unit is an armor formation
- Mercenaries Supplemental, p. 26, "Canned Heat"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 40, "Canned Heat"