- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
Carmen Liao (b. 2178 - d. 2187) was the eldest daughter of Elias and Cynthiana Liao. Carmen was only 9 years old when the Liao family had to flee Terra, and Carmen, her younger sister Margarette and her mother were all killed during the escape. Elias and Carmen's two older brothers, Rufus (or possibly Victor) and David Paul, survived and later settled the world of Cynthiana out of sight of the Terran Alliance.
Although the family tree in House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) shows Rufus and David Paul as the two sons of Elias Liao, and Victor as the son of David Paul and grandson of Elias, Handbook: House Liao describes the renaming of the planet Cynthiana to Liao after Elias' death as being "opposed by his sons Victor and David Paul." It is not currently known which source is correct. House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) is also not internally consistent, showing Rufus' as the eldest son of Elias in the family tree, but with David Paul naming his elder brother as Victor when recounting the escape from Terra.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) p. 163, "The Capellan Confederation's Line of Succession and Partial Liao Family Tree"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 7, "Nightfall"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 8, "The First Liao: Elias"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 11, "Elias Liao"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 12, "Timeline: Capellan Zone"