- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Carnwath neighbouring systems
The Carnwath system was colonised at some point during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Federation of Skye prior to the formation of the Lyran Commonwealth in the mid-twenty-fourth century.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||High (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Victor Xianglo (Governor)|
Justin O'Mallory (Planetary Legate)
Carnwath III - more commonly known simply as Carnwath - is the third planet in the Carnwath system.
Carnwath had little to recommend it. It lacked both the resources and strategic location that made other worlds targets during the Succession Wars. Its only claim to fame was the Ruins of Carnwath, which some people believed were the remnants of an alien civilization and which had caused a brief wave of panic when first discovered during the early days of human space exploration.
The Ruins - which consisted of five rough pyramid shapes in a crater ringed by rock formations resembling vaguely humanoid faces - were the subject of an archaelogical study to determine their origin. Although the rock formations bore a resemblance to the carved statues found on Easter Island on Terra, the archaeologists took less than six months to confirm that the structures were simply a product of the local natural process of erosion from wind and water exposing the remains of a long-ago asteroid strike. The rock formations and the pyramids were composed mainly of metallic ores, including unusual but naturally-occuring radium deposits, and were the remnants of an asteroid that had partially liquified whilst falling to the surface of Carnwath before fragmenting on impact. The humanoid remains discovered nearby that had also been cited as proof of the link between the pyramids and alien intelligence were similarly disproven by a brief exo-biological expedition that determined that the remains were actually those of an indigenous amphibian desert scavenger that resembled the prehistoric velociraptors, and had likely been killed when the asteroid struck. Despite these scientific studies, visitors who believed in alien intelligence continued to visit Carnwath to see the ruins well into the thirty-second century, almost eight hundred years after Carnwath was first explored.
Carnwath has a humid atmosphere which caused insects to become a daily problem and forced the natives to wear protective outfits.
Carnwath's people were known for their savvy business sense. Their business savvy was put to use in 3134, while the Republic was failing, the business people of Carnwath cut a deal with neighboring worlds to form a coalition of worlds. Carnwath became the capital of the Carnwath Coalition.
The Carnwath and the other Coalition worlds people struck a deal with Clan Jade Falcon when the Falcons invaded later in 3134, so that they could co-exist within the aegis of Clan Jade Falcon's territory. Carnwath offered tribute to the Falcons while continuing to exist as a domestically-independent entity and still controlled their own affairs while they were controlled by the Falcons.
During the Dark Age the northern continent of Wartholi was considered to be the center of Carnwath's commerce and industry, although three quarters of the planetary population actually lived on Carnwath's two southern continents.
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3134 - Carnwath Coalition / Clan Jade Falcon
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
Carnwath has three major landmasses, a continent named Wartholi in the northern hemisphere and the continents of Blanith and Kormyri in the southern hemisphere.
- Carnwath City: the planetary capital city, located on Wartholi.
- Ruins of Carnwath: located on Wartholi, three hundred kilometers west of Carnwath City.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Skye||31.6||Chaffee||32.3||Kimball II||32.4||La Blon||32.7|
|Zebebelgenubi||36.6||Skondia||41.2||Yed Posterior||41.3||Yed Prior||41.6|
|Konstance||45.1||Dromini VI||45.2||Alkalurops||46.1||Corridan IV||46.4|
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 207, "Carnwath World Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Wolf Hunters (novel), p.??
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 177
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Commonwealth Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Wolf Hunters (Novel)