Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Carvajal neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||417.12 : -435.92[e]|
The Carvajal system was either settled by the Taurian Concordat at some point after the end of the Third Succession War or was an already-inhabited system that became significant enough during this period for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location on maps.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2764 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2767 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 3025 - No record 
- 3040 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3050 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3052 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3057 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3059 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3063 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3067 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3075 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3079 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3081 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3085 - Independent world 
- 3117 - Calderon Protectorate 
- 3130 - Calderon Protectorate 
- 3135 - Calderon Protectorate 
- 3145 - Calderon Protectorate 
In 2698, the 219th BattleMech Division of the Star League Defense Force engaged and destroyed a seditionist group called Los Toros Blanco on Carvajal. This earned the unit the nickname of "The Bull Run Division".
On the 23rd of May 3072 forces from the Calderon Protectorate raided a number of Taurian Concordat worlds, including Carvajal. The war between the Taurian Concordat and Federated Suns officially ended on the 2nd of July 3080 in the aftermath of Operation MATADOR, but the fortunes of the Concordat continued to decline. Many worlds, lacking confidence in the Concordat's central government, seceded from the Concordat; Tyrrhenia was the first of the Concordat worlds to do so, leaving the Concordat even before the Jihad had begun, along with the world of Hellespont soon after. Between mid-3079 and late 3085 six more worlds seceded: Argos, Carthage, Carvajal, Celano, Micros III and Mirfak, and the governor of Charleston was debating declaring Charleston independent as well. Where the Taurian government had fought a war a decade before with the breakaway Concordat, Carvajal and the other worlds that left the Concordat in the aftermath of the Jihad were effectively ignored in favour of reinforcing the narrow salient securing the Pleiades Cluster. At some point after 3085 Carvajal transferred its allegiance to the Calderon Protectorate.
The Dark Age
Carvajal was struck by the pirate band known as the Dominars in 3117, who were raiding outwards from the Pirates Haven; the local militia on Carvajal fought for as long as they could, but were exterminated by the pirates. The Calderon Protectorate deployed their nearest available forces to strike at the pirates; those forces were the Green Machine mercenary unit, which arrived too late to save the local militia but proceeded to hunt down the pirates, who had seized Carvajal's capital city. The Green Machine used heavy Hound 'Mechs to endure the fire thrown at them by the pirates and pushed the Dominars out of the residential areas of the city and into the Plains of Ecstasy. The Green Machine then proceeded to target the engines and weapon systems of the Dominars' DropShips, losing numerous 'Mechs and pilots but crippling the enemy vessels and rendering the Dominars easy targets in the resulting chaos.
In 3140 Carvajal was raided by a pirate band, who sneaked a combined-arms battalion through the customs checks at the main jump points before making an orbital drop directly onto the city of Lancaster. The local garrison, the Third Taurian Pride, responded to the attack, but couldn't prevent the pirates from firing the planetary administration complex. Despite this setback, the commanding officer of the Third, Colonel Yulia Carlos personally led the Third in a hot pursuit of the pirates across Carvajal and even into space. The Third managed to catch and destroy the pirates while they were making for a pirate point - and then proceeded to capture and secure the Merchant-class JumpShip waiting for the raiders at that pirate point.
These two raids were far from the only raids on Carvajal during the Dark Age, however; the Carvajal system had become strategically significant as the Calderon Protectorate forged closer relations with both the Federated Suns and Filtvelt Coalition, as both trade and military aid flowed into the Protectorate through Carvajal. As a consequence the planet - and the Third Taurian Pride - saw more than its fair share of raids.
- Third Taurian Pride
- Lancaster: major city on Carvajal and location of the planetary administration complex; possibly the planetary capital city.
- Plains of Ecstasy: region located around or near the planetary capital city; site of a major battle between the Green Machine mercenary unit and the Dominars pirate band in 3117.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Tyrrhenia||53.8||Micros III||55.7||San Carlos||56.3||Fiery Plains||56.6|
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 121, "Taurian Concordat after Age of War , Fall of the Star League  and End of the 3rd Succession War "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (Sourcebook), p. 151, "Maps of the Periphery"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 127, "Taurian Concordat after modern colonization drive  and after FedCom Civil War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 37, "Taurian Defense Forces Deployment Map -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 96, "Taurian Concordat -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 111, "Taurian Concordat and Tortuga Dominions"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 23, "Taurian Concordat Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. VII, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries, p. 38, "HD-2F Hound"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 203, "219th BattleMech Division"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 131, "Taurian Concordat"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 77, "Second Calderon Guard"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 197, "Calderon Protectorate"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 202, "Calderon Protectorate"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report: Periphery
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents'
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- Technical Readout: 3145 Mercenaries