I'm wondering what other items should be considered artifacts? Off the top of my head I can only think of the Head of the Master, from Surrender Your Dreams. There's probably some semi-sacred item from Liao history, but I can't think of any more. --Ebakunin 17:13, 28 June 2009 (PDT)
- The next one for which I'm going to create an article is Crescent Moon, the ceremonial katana of House Hiritsu mentioned in Binding Force. The Snord's Irregulars modules are full of minor unique artworks or collectibles. The Blue Star medal(s) might also fit into this category. In fact, there's a multitude of candidates. Frabby 02:47, 29 June 2009 (PDT)
- What about the Helm Memory Core and the other memory cores? Could we considder those to be artifacts? Onisuzume 05:16, 29 June 2009 (PDT)
- Memory cores are more Lostech than Artifacts imho. If you cross that line then individual lostech systems such as BattleMechs or starshipswould or virtually any SL-era find be eligible for the category, which I feel is wrong as it dilutes the category. Plus, a memory core is not an actual item of significance but a cache of information, that alone would rule it out. I envisioned this category to be for single important items of artistical, religious or cultural relevance, not for technology. But that is just gut feeling; I admit that it is arbitrary.
- Other arbitrary items are
- naturally occurring items that seem to be very valuable (such as Shuksam crystals and Mirst crystals found on Shiloh, or Quere crystals found on Vakarel)
- BT produce (such as Cholobara)
- frozen severed heads of significant people to ascertain their identity and demise (Warlord Samsonov in Heir to the Dragon, Stefan Amaris VII in Star Lord).
- Frabby 05:59, 29 June 2009 (PDT)
- My only fear is that the term "artifact" will be used too loosely and we'll end up with lots of tiny articles. In some cases it might be better to mention an important item in a larger article along with a redirect from that item's name. A good rule of thumb would be whether the item is important to a story line – any MacGuffin would certainly qualify. --Ebakunin 09:44, 29 June 2009 (PDT)