Category talk:Unique BattleMechs
Would Phelan Kell's Wolfhound IIC fit in this category, seeing as it was made specifically for him and there's no record of a production model? Kittle 18:22, 20 May 2009 (PDT)
- I would agree that Phelan's Wolfhound IIC would be considered a unique Battlemech.
-- Wrangler 18:36, 20 May 2009 (PDT)
 What qualifies for this category?
The point above does raise the question: What exactly does this category seek to cover? I have a couple of points that I think need to be cleared up:
- I suggest to expand the category to 'Mechs in general, not only BattleMechs. That way, we make it clear that modified WorkMechs or ArenaMechs are also covered, regardless of whether or not they technically qualify as BattleMechs.
- What makes a 'Mech unique? Would individual 'Mechs with a regular configuration qualify if they have out somehow (c.f. Aleksandr Kerensky's Orion. I don't have a strong opinion either way, with a slight tendency not to say no; but I think we should consciously decide on this question.
- Is it positively required for a "unique" 'Mech to exist no more than once? I don't think that makes sense - who knows how many arena MechWarriors might have copied Yen-Lo-Wang's configuration (which, initially, was even a standard field refit with the AC/20). In many cases, we simply can't be sure how many specimen exist.
- What exactly is the difference between Unique 'Mechs, customized 'Mechs and FrankenMechs? We need to define this clearly enough to warrant separate categories, or we must lump them together into one.
Frabby 07:45, 18 June 2011 (UTC)