Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Celano neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||323.46 : -484.15[e]|
|Recharge time||175 hours|
- 1 Celano
- 2 Celano IV
The Celano system was either colonised at some point during the Third Succession War or was an already-inhabited system that became significant enough for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location on maps during this era.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||29°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population|| 69,000 (3025)|
Celano IV - more commonly referred to simply as Celano - is the fourth planet in the Celano system.
Celano is a warm temperate planet with ample water sources apparently settled at some point in the early 3000s. Despite the plentiful water, the vicious storm systems that occur frequently on the world have made survival a challenge. Celano is a stereotypical Periphery world where the population is focused on the struggle to live.
Late Succession Wars
Celano was unremarkable and unremarked on until 3019 when a farmer unearthed an intact Star League Defense Force cache/base; from this find the Taurian Defense Force was able to build a low-tech version of the Star League era Maultier hovercraft, having recovered a few operational Maultiers as well as quantities of other vehicles, advanced weapons and technological information. The Concordat defended this find from the Inner Sphere by creating various and wild rumors of such a cache somewhere else. The plan worked until the mid-3050's, by which time most Great Houses had far surpassed the Concordat's technological gains. Some decades after the site was discovered, ground-level pictures reportedly of the site - described as the crash site of a Star League expedition - were known to exist; the only pictures of the site ever to have appeared, it is believed that they were taken by Federated Suns MI4 "Stealthy Foxes" personnel using covert Kestrel VTOLs.
Following the original discovery of the former SLDF cache, a small industrial concern named LosTech Inc. formed on Celano, focussing on refurbishing and selling off the stores from the cache. LosTech subsequently went bankrupt, and their operation was finally taken over by Edge Industries, although it took foreign funding to enable the takeover to actually happen.
On the 23rd of May 3072 forces from the Calderon Protectorate raided a number of Taurian Concordat worlds, including Celano. The damage the Edge Industries plant on Celano suffered during the two decades of war following the invasion of the Federated Suns would take until 3080 to repair, after which the factories would work around the clock to supply armor products for the badly damaged Taurian Defense Force. In addition to manufacturing both standard armor and Ferro-Fibrous and Ferro-Aluminum Armors the Edge plant also produced Streak SRM launchers, tank guns and supporting ordnance from their factory at Edgewood.
Reports of life on Celano around the end of the Jihad showed a world with little human habitation, particularly on the continent of Whirlstorm, and indicated that life on Celano was typical of the average Inner Sphere stereotype of a Periphery world - a planet where the struggle for survival was the focus of the local population. The war between the Taurian Concordat and Federated Suns officially ended on the 2nd of July 3080 in the aftermath of Operation MATADOR, but the fortunes of the Concordat continued to decline. Many worlds, lacking confidence in the Concordat's central government, seceded from the Concordat; Tyrrhenia was the first of the Concordat worlds to do so, leaving the Concordat even before the Jihad had begun, along with the world of Hellespont soon after. Between mid-3079 and late 3085 six more worlds seceded: Argos, Carthage, Carvajal, Celano, Micros III and Mirfak, and the governor of Charleston was debating declaring Charleston independent as well. Where the Taurian government had fought a war a decade before with the breakaway Concordat, Tyrrhenia and the other worlds that left the Concordat in the aftermath of the Jihad were effectively ignored in favour of reinforcing the narrow salient securing the Pleiades Cluster.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - No record 
- 2764 - No record 
- 2765 - No record 
- 2767 - No record 
- 2822 - No record 
- 2864 - No record 
- 3025 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3030 - No record 
- 3040 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3050 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3052 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3057 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3058 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3059 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3063 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3067 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3075 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3079 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3081 - Taurian Concordat 
- 3085 - Independent world 
- 3130 - Independent world 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Independent world 
- Hirachi Angara
Celano has three continents named Aquila, Maytal and Whirlstorm. The continent of Whirlstorm is subject to deadly storms that sweep across the plains.
- Abruzzo: the planetary capital city, located on Aquila.
- Edgewood: the location of the Edge Industries plant on Aquila.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Gant||26.6||Zelski II||57.0||Cadiz (TC)||60.3||Mirfak||62.9|
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 85, "Celeano" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "TPp85" defined multiple times with different content
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 4, "Brinton"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 10, "Maultier Hover APC"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 4
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 64, "Kestrel VTOL - Notable Crews"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 117, "Taurian Concordat"
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 3
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 131, "Taurian Concordat"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 127, "Taurian Concordat after modern colonization drive  and after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p, 121, "Taurian Concordat after Age of War , Fall of the Star League  and End of the 3rd Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 37, "Taurian Defense Forces Deployment Map -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 96, "Taurian Concordat -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succesion War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succesion War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of 3039 - "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 111, "Taurian Concordat and Tortuga Dominions"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 23, "Taurian Concordat Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. Vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: Periphery
- Field Report 2765: Federated Suns
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objectives: Periphery
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition
- The Periphery (sourcebook)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade