|Manufacturer||RAF Manufacturing Center Providence (CLR-03-O only)|
|Cost||5 to 6 million C-Bills (Estimated)|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Engine||240 XXL Engine|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Speed||240 km/h (345.6 km/h with MASC)|
Though ComStar's drone project started immediately after the Battle of Tukayyid, initially utilizing swift ground based Combat Vehicles or VTOLs controlled from a modified Fury-based control hub, in the Jihad years under Precentor Ashok Sethi the project shifted toward an extremely specialized ultralight Four Legged BattleMech platform for the drones.
Weapons and Equipment
The lightweight Celerity is built on an Endo Steel frame and is powered by a massive 240 rated XXL Fusion Engine, the bulky engine making the animalistic drone capable of high-speed sprints, further enhanced by the addition of MASC to make it among the fastest ground units in existence.
While not mounting any defensive weaponry, the Celerity's head is equipped with a Full-Head Ejection System and carries a C3i module, mitigating the drone's expendable nature while allowing the drone's data and expensive C3 system to be recovered. This is a good thing given the Celerity's sole single ton of armor and the fragile nature of its XXL Engine and XL Gyro, even a single skid following a misstep would almost cripple the design let alone combat fire on the battlefield.
With its head equipped with a similar modular mounting system as the proto-OmniMech the Mercury, the Celerity was intended to be highly adaptable to variations mounting any number of systems from an ECM Pod, TAG, a standard C3 Slave or even a Booby Trap, though no recorded instances aside from the C3i version are known.
- After the Fortress Protocols were activated, the Republic of the Sphere began experimenting with the Celerity. They created a true OmniMech version of the Celerity and used it extensively on raids across their borders in the Dark Age era. The Republic's Celerity removed the C3i system and replaced it with OmniPod space. The Republic's primary Celerity version carries a C3 Slave and TAG. BV (2.0) = 187
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, p. 26
- MUL Profile of Celerity - Production Year listed.
- MUL Profile of Celerity - BV2 listed.
- Experimental Technical Readout: ComStar, p. 8 "CLR-02-X-D Celerity"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 359
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 360
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 361
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 362
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 363
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 364
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 365
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 366