|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar Unknown facility|
One of the best first generation ProtoMechs, the Centaur combines high speed, decent armor, and a varied weapons mix. These features make it a flexible combatant, able to keep up with scout 'Mechs while supporting them.
 Weapons and Equipment
The SRM and LRM missile launchers provide much of the striking power of the Centaur. Then it uses the ER Micro Laser to finish off opponents who have been damaged by the missile racks. The only drawback to the Centaur's weaponry is the lack of reloads for the missile systems. With only 20% of a standard SRM-2's ammunition capacity, and only eight reloads for the LRM rack, a Centaur pilot can rapidly deplete his ammunition stocks.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Technical Readout: 3060, p. 199
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 298
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 299 - Civil War era variant of the Centaur.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 300 - ER Medium Laser variant of the Centaur.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 301
- ↑ The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 40