- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Clan Smoke Jaguar Unknown facility|
One of the best first generation ProtoMechs, the Centaur combines high speed, decent armor, and a varied weapons mix. These features make it a flexible combatant, able to keep up with scout 'Mechs while supporting them.
Weapons and Equipment
The SRM and LRM missile launchers provide much of the striking power of the Centaur, which then uses the ER Micro Laser to finish off opponents who have been damaged by the missile racks. The only drawback to the Centaur's weaponry is the lack of reloads for the missile systems. With just ten reloads for the SRM-2's and only eight for the LRM rack, a Centaur pilot can rapidly deplete his ammunition stocks. Its armoring is also relatively light; a single hit from a Large Laser will penetrate the center torso. The 45-rated fusion engine helps it maintain a good cruising speed of 65km/h
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 199
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 298
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 299 - Civil War era variant of the Centaur.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 300 - ER Medium Laser variant of the Centaur.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 301
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental, p. 40