Centaur Battle Armor
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|Centaur Battle Armor|
|Use||Infantry Artillery |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Top Speed||10(20) km/h|
Designed in secrecy, the Centaur is a Heavy-weight battle armor, first designed for the Republic of the Sphere's armed forces during the later Dark Age era. This was part of an effort by the Republic to develop a highly mobile battle armor-scale artillery piece. It was first built on Devil's Rock at the highly secretive Rhodes Foundry Ltd. factory, along with other secret projects. The battle armor first entered production in 3136 along with the Simian battle armor, and they would often be teamed up in the years ahead.
Weapons and Equipment
The heavy suit is weighted down by its primary weapon, the battle armor artillery battery. Intended to be an anti-infantry and battle armor weapon, this tubed artillery weapon is heavy enough to slow down the Centaur to just barely 10 kph. However, the entire weapon is detachable, and once dropped the armor can move upwards to 20 kph. The tubed weapon system is limited to eight rounds of fire. For its only backup weapon, the Centaur has a right arm-mounted Small Laser. To help the Centaur to get into position against a potential enemy, the suit is equipped with Magnetic Clamps. Protecting the suit from counter-artillery fire or missile based weaponry is 420 kilograms of Reactive Armor. 
The suit has the following capabilities - Swarm/Leg Attack/Mechanized/AP: No/No/Yes/No The Armor's BA Tube Artillery also has a Detachable Weapon Pack feature on it.
The Centaur battle armor was originally conceived of by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its Fire Power expansion set. The figure would be used both generally and as a unique armor in the CGC game. The battle armor would later be adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Republic of the Sphere, pp. 8-9 & 63 Centaur Battle Armor - Information.
- Master Unit List Profile for Centaur Battle Armor - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 333 Centaur Battle Armor - Record Sheet's BV2.