Chaffee (Industrial Mech)
- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|BT1 Chaffee ServiceMech|
|Manufacturer||Bluth Corporation, |
Coventry Metal Works,
|Use|| Community Service |
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
|Engine||75 Fuel Cell|
|Communications System||Garret 11-GV|
|Targeting Tracking System||None|
The BT1 Chaffee is an Ultra Light IndustrialMech designed as a light all-purpose ServiceMech. The brainchild of Wakazashi Enterprises’ board member Douglas Chaffee, it was his efforts that led to the creation IndustrialMech which he foresaw as a vehicle design to aid small communities. He labored for its creation the design and to have it distributed among other major civilian corporations as means to broker good trade relations with them. He would die shortly before his design came to fruition. To honor him for his efforts, the 'Mech would be named for him.
The Chaffee seen as an all-terrain utility vehicle, which is designed to go anywhere regular utility vehicles are unable to go including hazardous environments thanks to its Environmental Sealing. Powered by a 75-Rated Fuel Cell engine, the 'Mech is able to attain speeds up to 86 kph. Envisioned to undertake physical labor, the Chaffee is fitted with 3 tons of Heavy Industrial Armor with Industrial TSM to help in tough situations. Among other roles the design to meant to handle is to assist in emergency situations. Where it been fitted with Search Light and pair Paramedic Equipment lockers found in each arm. These lockers would be used as storage for would-be rescuers on the scene.
The Chaffee has Equipment Rating of D/X-X-D and has the following Design Quirk:
The Chaffee ServiceMech in real life is named for long time Battletech illustrator Doug Chaffee, who has passed away prior to the release of the Revised version of the Vehicle Annex.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 39
- TRO: Vehicle Annex Revised, p.200, "BT1 Chaffee ServiceMech
- TRO: Vehicle Annex Revised, p.200 Chaffee - Capacities.