- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan|
The Chainsaw is a piece of construction equipment that is rarely seen on the battlefield. Most commonly used by logging companies, the Chainsaw is also popular with construction and demolition companies. Though it can inflict damage on combat units, the requirement for a close range attack makes the Chainsaw an ineffective weapon.
Occasionally military units operating in heavily forested terrain will press units equipped with Chainsaws into service to clear roads and paths through the dense foliage.
The Chainsaw inflicts 5 points of damage on any target it hits. Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a single Chainsaw in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs can mount a single Chainsaw in each side torso. A Chainsaw may not be mounted in any area that mounts a Pile Driver, Dual Saw, Mining Drill, Rock Cutter, Wrecking Ball, Combine, or Backhoe.
- TechManual, p. 242, "Chainsaw"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 292, "Industrial Equipment"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"