- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere/Clan|
|Cost (unloaded)||100,000<re name="TMp292">TechManual, p. 292, "Industrial Equipment"</ref>|
The Chainsaw is a piece of construction equipment that is rarely seen on the battlefield. Most commonly used by logging companies, the Chainsaw is also popular with construction and demolition companies. Though it can inflict damage on combat units, the requirement for a close range attack makes the Chainsaw an ineffective weapon.
Occasionally military units operating in heavily forested terrain will press units equipped with Chainsaws into service to clear roads and paths through the dense foliage.
The Chainsaw inflicts 5 points of damage on any target it hits. Bipedal 'Mechs can carry a single Chainsaw in each arm, but must remove the hand actuator to do so. Quad 'Mechs can mount a single Chainsaw in each side torso. A Chainsaw may not be mounted in any area that mounts a Pile Driver, Dual Saw, Mining Drill, Rock Cutter, Wrecking Ball, Combine, or Backhoe.
- TechManual, p. 242, "Chainsaw"
- TechManual, p. 344, "Industrial Equipment Table"
- TechManual, p. 317, "Inner Sphere Weapons And Equipment BV Table"